Amanda's Reviews > The Bald Soprano and Other Plays

it was ok
Recommended to Amanda by: Brad
Recommended for: Amy
Read in January, 2009

If I were rating the Bald Soprano, I would give it a 5. I give Jack a 1, the chairs a 2 and the lesson a 2. Somehow this makes a overall rating of 2. So I will gush about the bald soprano.

I was introduced to it in a Kathy way. This contributes a lot to the overall liking of something. Kathy is my step mom who can talk about things so lovingly that I love them no matter how dull or ordinary they may seem. She usually does this with romantic comedies and above all odds gets me to hang with Keanu Reeves for an hour and a half. Anyway, Brad prepped me on this play the way Kath would. He told me some of the scenarios and dialogue and equated it to a "shaggy dog" joke- where someone tells this whole schpeel, and ends with a very non relevant, "Now that's a shaggy dog" So I just had to read it to find out. The play was great. My favorite line is "a,e,i,o,u,a,e,i,o,u" It made me remember what I love about Laura and nonsense but not to a defining point. It also inspired me to write a play with Amy. I hope we do!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Bald Soprano and Other Plays.