Kiersi's Reviews > The Metamorphosis of Prime Intellect

The Metamorphosis of Prime Intellect by Roger    Williams

Nov 01, 2012

bookshelves: sci-fi, big-questions, disturbing

It's hard to wrangle a 5-star rating out of me for just about anything, but this book deserves it. It is twisted, messed up, brilliant and deceptive all at the same time. This is not a book for the faint of sensibility; there is gory violence, gory sex (you heard me), but it is all couched in the world in which it exists: a world where an artificial intelligence has grown beyond its creator's intention, and based on the 3 Laws of Robotics has turned the world into a massive cyberspace playground for humanity. They cannot die, as it would violate the first law, and they can have whatever they want, based on the second law.

And of course, this allows humans to reach their fullest, most extreme hedonistic potential.

Metamorphosis skips regularly between chronology, which is so cleverly handled and brilliantly executed that the origin story of Prime Intellect is really the secret of the book. Some people have criticized the ending as being anti-climactic, but I disagree. For being an amateur, Roger Williams knows what he's doing.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Metamorphosis of Prime Intellect.

November 1, 2012 – Started Reading
November 1, 2012 – Shelved
November 1, 2012 –
page 141
80.11% "Probably one of the most twisted, strange books I've ever read. It's awesome. Do not read if you have delicate sensibilities."
November 2, 2012 – Shelved as: sci-fi