Melanie's Reviews > The Hitman's Guide to Tying the Knot Without Getting Shot

The Hitman's Guide to Tying the Knot Without Getting Shot by Alice  Winters

F 50x66

I have loved this series from the beginning. It’s full of outrageous humor, over-the-top action, and, frankly, just plain hilarious dynamics between two widely different yet charming characters who oddly fit each other perfectly.

Now it’s coming down to their wedding so of course someone wants to murder one of them.

And while the expected zaniness is enthusiastically embraced, narratively speaking , what was less apparent was that this novel was going to be emotionally moving and explore just how damaged Leland’s past has truly left him.

That’s erupts out here in the most traumatic way imaginable.

This aspect of the story allows us to see other depths of characters personalities not yet portrayed as well as bringing another warmth and element of humanity to Leland.

Is this my favorite story. I think so. It’s added Sarge as well. Adore that dog. And that whole out of control element. Hilarious.

We get to delve into Jackson’s past and his character further then before which is another fantastic situation here. Jackson has never had his past history given more than a few mere mentions here and there. Now we get a solid look at Jackson, the complete and complex man who’s the match for Leland.

Outstanding.

The Hitman’s Guide to Tying the Knot Without Getting Shot is a tremendous way to send these two off to get their wedding vows. If there’s not another story, while I’ll be sad, this is still a great way to go out!

I’m highly recommending this story and series. But read them in the order they were written in to understand the progression of relationships development and characters personalities.

Definitely one of my favorite series of this author’s. So well written, great plots, sharp dialogue, humorous, moving, and characters to , well, almost die for.

Love it and them.

The Hitman’s Guide series:

- [x] The Hitman's Guide to Making Friends and Finding Love #1
- [x] The Hitman’s Guide to Staying Alive Despite Past Mistakes #2
- [x] The Hitman’s Guide to Tying the Knot Without Getting Shot #3

Side Story:

😎The Former Assassin’s Guide to Snagging a Reluctant Boyfriend

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Hitman's Guide to Tying the Knot Without Getting Shot.

January 9, 2022 – Started Reading