Richard Denney's Reviews > Spooked

Spooked by Tracy Sharp

Oct 29, 2012

liked it

Rating: 3.5

I got this book for free on my kindle and went into it not expecting much, but was given a good read. I enjoyed the characters, the story line was fast paced and engaging, and it was very spooky.

The reason I have this book a 3.5 is because it was an awesome read until around chapter 7, it reminded me of some 90s YA and it was great. But as chapter 7 rolled in, I think it was chapter 7 lol, it turned into this sci-fi thriller and it just didn't blend well with the book. It seemed like the author mashed two books together. First we start off with a town where our main character lives and in this town girls are going missing. Lorelei has a gift, she can take secrets and see secrets, but these creatures are after her because of her ability so she has to keep a low profile, but she decides to use her power to find the missing girls. I love that part of the book, it wasn't unique but it was engaging. Then, things get intense and more science fictiony and I lost interest when that happened. I finished the book but I don't see myself reading the next one if there is one. But if you want a fast paced, short read, pick this up. It was still a good read.

-R.D.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Spooked.

October 29, 2012 – Shelved
November 23, 2012 – Started Reading
November 23, 2012 –
20.0% "This is really good so far. Reminds me of some good ass 90s YA. Can't wait to see what happens."
November 24, 2012 –
50.0% "hoe my gurd, this is one creepy read."
November 25, 2012 – Finished Reading