Kim's Reviews > City of Glass

City of Glass by Cassandra Clare

F 50x66
Jan 26, 2009

bookshelves: young-adult, romance, angels-demons, arc, own
Read in February, 2009

City of Glass, the third book in Clare's The Mortal Instruments series, wraps up Clary and Jace's story with plenty of action and angst, this time in the Shadowhunters' city Alicante.

Fans of the first two books will eat this one up! I was lucky enough to receive an Advanced Readers' Copy (ARC) from Simon & Schuster, and finished the book in one sitting. I suspect that the other fans will do the same.

Clare keeps the pace of the story swift while allowing the plot details to be revealed slowly throughout the book -- and the series. I'm looking forward to rereading the previous two books to pick up the clues that I missed, particularly those in City of Ashes.

Overall this was a great book with characters that I'd grown to love throughout the course of the trilogy. The ending was satisfying, leaving me fulfilled yet still wanting more about this world and these characters. Jace and Clary are like old friends now. And I adore Simon, Alex, and Isabelle. I recently just went back and read the trilogy from start to finish -- and have now changed my rating from four to five stars. These books are meant to be read back-to-back!

Next up on Clare's docket is a prequel trilogy taking place a hundred years before The Mortal Instruments. As a rule, I'm anti-prequel -- you generally know how it's going to turn out -- but I'm willing to give it a read simply for the amazing ride that Clare provides.

City of Glass hits bookstores March 24, 2009. Go get yourself a copy!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read City of Glass.

Hannah-Beth Floyd I'm Sooooo Jelouse...-_-