Joanna Marie's Reviews > Because You Are Mine: Because I Need To

Because You Are Mine by Beth Kery

Oct 29, 2012

bookshelves: on-my-kindle

I read this book as a Random Read for May hosted by ImLovingBooks. It sounded like fun so I dug in and joined! While I've already had enough to read for this month, good thing random.org picked a short novel for me and it's Because I Need To by Beth Kery

My Thoughts

Honestly I didn't read the synopsis at all before reading this so I didn't have idea about it. My friend just gave me a copy when he saw me reading Fifty Shades of Grey and he thought I might like this too and whoa, this one I think is yes damn short but hotter right from the start.

The first chapter started off head-on steamy - no buts and ifs. The lead characters Francesca and Ian Noble has got nice chemistry along the spice of possession and punishment - Ian being the dominant and Francesca the submissive type. Francesca is an artist, her painting Cat was what got Ian's attention when they met at a cocktail party and that's when the sexual relationship began. Ian's the wealthy businessman and Francesca's just a simple lady earning enough from her works - same concept on most BDSM relationships however Beth Kery has done a good job to keep an 8-part series short yet can give you the type of adult romance you wanted.

It's not too fast paced, not too slow. It's got the right speed to put the bittersweet moments between Francesca and Ian. I actually liked how Ian make things special for Francesca by not only satisfying her in bed but letting her feel like a treasure for him as he shows her how he values her talent, passions and drive in life. Ian could be the most wicked in bed but he's also got a soft side to touch Francesca's delicate heart while controlling himself to not fall in love with her.

Take note, I haven't even started the previous parts but I somehow understood where Francesca and Ian came from which was a good sign! :)
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Because You Are Mine.

October 29, 2012 – Shelved