Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books)'s Reviews > A Game of Thrones

A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin
Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Game of Thrones.

January 26, 2009 – Shelved
June 14, 2010 – Shelved as: dark-fantasy
June 14, 2010 – Shelved as: plan-to-read-soon
June 18, 2010 – Shelved as: owned-copy
September 28, 2010 – Shelved as: all-things-winter-challenge
June 21, 2011 – Shelved as: fantasy
July 17, 2017 – Shelved as: to-read

Autumn  if u have HBO make sure u check it out!! 4/17 :) HBO is doing an awesome adaptation on the book.
Game of thrones teaser.

Kenya Wright Yeah I think the adaption is outstanding!

Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books) I have been watching it, and it is great!

Kenya Wright the book mirrors the show with a few tiny little differences so you prob could just read the second book!

Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books) I hope I will read both before the next show season starts.

Alicia What?! Did Urban Queen just suggest that you skip the first book?

No, no, no! Urban Queen and I have had this discussion before, about skipping a book in a series after having watched the movie first. We are not in agreement. A movie or TV show can never reach the full potential of a really good book--like A Game of Thrones. There's so much more to experience in the book that is not in the TV show.

Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books) I think that books are almost always better than the movie. One except that I have is Jurassic Park.

message 8: by Dawn (new)

Dawn Can not wait to read

Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books) Dawn, I am excited to read it too, especially after falling in love with the show.

Sapheron In Urban Queen's defense (While I too agree that books are ultimately better) HBO has done SUCH a good job that one could realistically do that. Not that I'd recommend it.

Sapheron I actually listened to the audio book (by Roy Dotrice of course). It was a great idea for me because I get to be severely entertained while washing dishes without sploshing soapy water all over my books.

Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books) Sapheron, I am debating going the audiobook route for book 2, since my library has it. I own book one, so I will probably just read it.

Sapheron Sounds like a plan. Just as long as you partake of goodness.

Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books) After watching the show, it's become a must read, although I have had the book for a few years, I must admit sheepishly.