Beatrice Masaluñga's Reviews > Slammed

Slammed by Colleen Hoover

Oct 28, 2012

bookshelves: favorite-books, owned, sobfest, new-adult, signed-copy

Re-read: September 10 - 11, 2015

I fell in love with Layken and Will's story again.
I still cry over it.
Especially Eddie's Birthday. (I STILL SOB)
It's so good to reread this.
Nostalgia.
I LOVE THIS VERY MUCH.

-----------------
I loved it! It was amazing. Jeez! I don't know what to say but this blew my heart away.
i definitely recommend this book to everyone.
BEFORE reading this book, you need a box of tissue paper or handkerchief beside you. (My eyes are still puffy as of this moment)

It was romantic, emotional and will make you swoon. The poems? It was damn beautiful especially on the last part.
Lake and Will are awesome! They definitely Slammed me. I didn't expect this would be so good. I couldn't get over it!
The story, the characters, everything turned out beautiful.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Slammed.

Quotes Beatrice Liked

Colleen Hoover
“I got schooled this year
a
boy

A boy that I'm seriously, deeply, madly, incredibly, and undeniably in love with.
And he taught me the most important thing of all...

To put the emphasis
On life .”

Colleen Hoover
“Question everything. Your love, your religion, your passion. If you don't have questions, you'll never find answers.”

“Imperfections define perfection”

Colleen Hoover
“Find a balance between head and heart.”

Colleen Hoover
“So you keep your ocean, I'll take the Lake.”

October 28, 2012 – Shelved
October 28, 2012 –
10.0% "Good start. I'm liking it so far."
October 29, 2012 – Started Reading
October 29, 2012 –
21.0% "I am loving this! Awesome surprises. :)"
October 29, 2012 –
64.0% "This is beautiful. good thing I have a handkerchief beside me."
October 30, 2012 –
October 30, 2012 – Finished Reading
November 4, 2012 – Shelved as: favorite-books
June 20, 2013 – Shelved as: owned
May 12, 2015 – Shelved as: sobfest
July 13, 2015 – Shelved as: new-adult
September 9, 2015 –
page 15
4.73% "It's been 3 years. So good to reread it <3 :)"
page 184
58.04% "It still makes me cry. :">"
page 255
80.44% "Eddie's Birthday = Tears & Puffy Eyes. :"> \n \n Nostalgia. So perfect and emotional."
page 317
100.0% "Still hands down for this book. <3"
April 26, 2016 – Shelved as: signed-copy

message 1: by Ann (new) - added it

Ann Kristin Gotta read this one soon!

Beatrice Masaluñga It's good. ;)

Gabriella Can't wait to read this, it sounds so good!

message 4: by Kristine (new) - added it

Kristine based on your review, It makes me want to read this ASAP :)

Deepika Read 2nd one yet? Its better than 1st!

Beatrice Masaluñga Sorry for the late reply peeps.
@Gabriella and Kristine - it was really good. You guys will love it. :)
@Deepika- i haven't read the second one.. I'll read it soon.

message 7: by Natshane (new) - added it

Natshane I really want to read this!! The blurb attracted me at first read!! (lol, I'm being incoherent)

Beatrice Masaluñga Natshane wrote: "I really want to read this!! The blurb attracted me at first read!! (lol, I'm being incoherent)"

It's a must read! :) The poems are so good. you'll love it. :)

message 9: by Natshane (new) - added it

Natshane It sounds like a depressing story, just my favorite kind! I love poetries, I couldn't wait for it to make me cry!!

Beatrice Masaluñga Just a bit depressing, prepare something to wipe your eyes. :) It's slam poetry. I bet you'll love it.

I think it's available in your place.. because it's available here already. (but I've read it in e-book format because the stocks here are sooooooo LATE.)

message 11: by Natshane (new) - added it

Natshane What do you mean by slam poetry?

The cover looked very familiar :/ But I guess it never caught my eye because I normally don't go for this kind of covers! It's true what they say, never judge a book by its cover!

message 12: by Beatrice (last edited Feb 27, 2013 04:52AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Beatrice Masaluñga It was like, you are going to recite a poem on stage.. on the spot. something like that.. I've watched one on Youtube .

I agree with you :)

message 13: by Natshane (new) - added it

Natshane Wow, it reminds me of the movie Ten Things I hate About You (with Heath Ledger), I'm definitely gonna get this one! 100% !

Beatrice Masaluñga I'm looking forward on your thoughts about it. I hope you'll write a review on it. :)

(I hope there's a paperback available on your place so you could read it.)

message 15: by Natshane (new) - added it

Natshane Haha, when I get really desperate I'll buy it online, but I'm currently back at my hometown (with no good bookstores) so I'll probably only be able to buy it sometime in March, I hope I can write a review for it, normally good books make me too loss of words to write a review.

message 16: by Kels (new) - rated it 3 stars

Kels I'm swooning just thinking about Will!!!

Beatrice Masaluñga Kelly wrote: "I'm swooning just thinking about Will!!!"

YES! Will Cooper is still my BAE. :D

Aj the Ravenous Reader Poetic review, Beatrice. Glad to know you love the book this much. <3

Beatrice Masaluñga Aj the Ravenous Reader wrote: "Poetic review, Beatrice. Glad to know you love the book this much. <3"

Thank you Ate AJ! I am looking forward for you to read this book btw ;) <3

message 20: by Pang (new) - rated it 5 stars

Pang So so glad you love it! I love this book so much!! :D The poems are that beautiful and hit me so hard. <3

Beatrice Masaluñga Pang wrote: "So so glad you love it! I love this book so much!! :D The poems are that beautiful and hit me so hard. <3"

So true! The poems here are just swoon-worthy and WILL COOPER. omg. <3

message 22: by Pang (new) - rated it 5 stars

Pang Beatrice wrote: "Pang wrote: "So so glad you love it! I love this book so much!! :D The poems are that beautiful and hit me so hard.

So true! The poems here are just swoon-worthy and WILL COOPER. omg. <3"

Yeah I love Will, too! :D The poem he write about Lake just made me cry. So beautiful! :)

Beatrice, Have you get Sweet Temptation? After u struck with sweet Will, you should start with sexy Kai next. ;)

Pearl Angeli When can I read this? :(

Beatrice Masaluñga Pearl wrote: "When can I read this? :("

Sis. Read this. ASAP and Grab some tissues.

Beatrice Masaluñga Pang wrote: "Beatrice wrote: "Pang wrote: "So so glad you love it! I love this book so much!! :D The poems are that beautiful and hit me so hard.

So true! The poems here are just swoon-worthy and WILL COOPER...."

I have an Ebook of Sweet Temptation. Good Lord of Heavens. SEXY MEN.