Bettie☯'s Reviews > Marie Antoinette

Marie Antoinette by Antonia Fraser
Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Marie Antoinette.

January 25, 2009 – Shelved
September 28, 2010 – Started Reading
September 30, 2010 –
0.0% "Disc 3 of 17. I enjoy Fraser's non-fiction historicals very much."
October 3, 2010 –
0.0% "And right there - the Tippo comes to ask for aid against the English. Enter Sharpe from stage left."
October 3, 2010 – Finished Reading

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

I hope to read this book as I certainly enjoyed the movie a few years back.

Bettie☯ As wrote: "I hope to read this book as I certainly enjoyed the movie a few years back."

It is starting off well. I own up to knowing little about her other than the fallacious 'let them eat cake', and the losing of her head. I have been to Place du Concorde and versailles but every time I've wanted to read something edifying the Russians seem to call louder than the French.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Yes, I have read more about the Russians too than the French! I did read a Norah Lofts about Hortense which was very different and I may read it again. I forget the title at the moment.

This guillotine is surely creepy! But it doesn't look as bad as what little I read in Highroad to the Stake which was truly awful. I only read 2 or 3 chapters and quit.

Susanna - Censored by GoodReads I enjoyed this one, as I have enjoyed all of Frasier's books that I've read. Such a sad, sad ending.

Bettie☯ don't tell!

Happy weekend to you and J

Susanna - Censored by GoodReads Indeed it is! It is her birthday.

Bettie☯ The biggest horror of this sad tale is that she was denied her knitting and embroidery whilst she was in the tower. Pointless(sic) cruelty that ingratiated its way into a nightmare last night.