I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com)'s Reviews > Release Me

Release Me by J. Kenner

Zzzzzzzzz…. Zzzzzzzzz…. Snooze alert!

I’m sorry; I just could not get into this book. At about 50% in, I was still waiting for something exciting to happen and had to force myself to hurry up and finish it. I thought it was lacking in emotional depth, resulting in a failure to really connect as a reader with the characters. Everything seemed so superficial and contrived to me – I didn’t feel as if they were actually communicating AT ALL and that was one of the main reasons the story just didn’t work for me.

RELEASE ME definitely had potential, but ultimately failed to deliver the goods in the end.

✳✳ Copy provided by the author/publisher for an honest review.
______________________________________________________________________

Menage Readers

Erotic Enchants

Bookie Nookie's Erotic Lending Group

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Release Me.

October 26, 2012 – Shelved
November 1, 2012 – Shelved as: z-netgalley
November 2, 2012 – Started Reading
November 3, 2012 –
0.0% ""You say you want me , but you don't. You say you want my portrait, but you won't." \n \n It's sad that she has such little confidence in herself."
November 3, 2012 – Shelved as: 2012
November 3, 2012 – Shelved as: character-abused
November 3, 2012 – Shelved as: character-athlete
November 3, 2012 – Shelved as: content-strangers-to-lovers
November 3, 2012 – Shelved as: zz-reviewed
November 3, 2012 – Finished Reading
March 27, 2013 – Shelved as: a-series
March 27, 2013 – Shelved as: a-trilogy

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)

~ Becs ~ Did you get the message about being allowed to review this one whenever you want instead of the 2 week rule laid down by the publisher?

I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com) Becs wrote: "Did you get the message about being allowed to review this one whenever you want instead of the 2 week rule laid down by the publisher?"

No, when did that go out? I am reading it right now.

~ Becs ~ I got a pm from the author - she said some reviewers had contacted NetGalley about this and they'd said not to worry about the 2 week rule and just release your review whenever you're ready.

I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com) Becs wrote: "I got a pm from the author - she said some reviewers had contacted NetGalley about this and they'd said not to worry about the 2 week rule and just release your review whenever you're ready."

Interesting... Have you read it yet?

~ Becs ~ Nope but I have some leave for 2 weeks now and can catch up. What do you think so far?

I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com) it's a little slow. I am at 54% and I am a little bored.

~ Becs ~ That's not good. I kind of felt that way about The Pleasures of Winter.

I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com) Becs wrote: "That's not good. I kind of felt that way about The Pleasures of Winter."

oh great. that is on my list too!

I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com) Did you know Pleasures of winter is a redo of a series she wrote years ago? A member of the Enchants told me...

~ Becs ~ No, I didn't know that. It just seemed to be cashing in on the success of FSoG which a lot of books are trying to do right now. The best was On Dublin Street - have you read that one? It totally rocked my world but, judging by the reviews, not everyone felt the same way I did.

I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com) Becs wrote: "No, I didn't know that. It just seemed to be cashing in on the success of FSoG which a lot of books are trying to do right now. The best was On Dublin Street - have you read that one? It totally..."

Yes! I read that one! I loved it!

~ Becs ~ I actually really liked it in the end Bookie - perfect for a very wet and windy Sunday in England. I just curled up with the cat and lost myself!

I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com) Becs wrote: "I actually really liked it in the end Bookie - perfect for a very wet and windy Sunday in England. I just curled up with the cat and lost myself!"

Maybe I just wasn't in the mood for that kind of book. I did think the end bumped it up a little, but I was just too bored with the first 3/4.

~ Becs ~ Sometimes that's just the way - you pick up the wrong book at the wrong time. It did build the anticipation for a long time but I thought it was really hot. I smell sequels!

message 15: by Parvin (new) - added it

Parvin Thank you Bookie. I know when you give less than 3 to a book to avoid it.

I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com) Parvin wrote: "Thank you Bookie. I know when you give less than 3 to a book to avoid it."

Thank you Parvin, that is a really big compliment.

Kenya Wright I'll definetly joing those groups! Thanks!

I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com) Kenya wrote: "I'll definetly joing those groups! Thanks!"

oh you should! we have a huge event going on right now in Erotic Enchants and you can win loads of books...you just have to play!

Kenya Wright awesome

message 20: by Parvin (new) - added it

Parvin I ♥ Bookie Nookie wrote: "Becs wrote: "No, I didn't know that. It just seemed to be cashing in on the success of FSoG which a lot of books are trying to do right now. The best was On Dublin Street - have you read that one..."

Thank you Bookie, I took it off my TBR pile.

I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com) Parvin wrote: "I ♥ Bookie Nookie wrote: "Becs wrote: "No, I didn't know that. It just seemed to be cashing in on the success of FSoG which a lot of books are trying to do right now. The best was On Dublin Stre..."

Sure! it just was missing something...a lot of something :-(

I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com) :-) It's getting really high ratings, but I don't see it!