Kristy's Reviews > The Voice

1911255
Jan 24, 2009

bookshelves: fiction
Read in February, 2009

What if the voice of God has been captured on tape? What if it refutes the foundations of Judeo-Christian belief? What if its power could dissolve the very reality it created?
The Voice of God. The ultimate weapon of mass destruction. The Voice is a great example of a typical Bill Myers book... portions of action, suspense and a very thought-provoking plot. To be honest, I found The Voice quite hard to get into and not as enjoyable as others he has written, so much so that I considered stopping reading it a couple of times when I was half way through! I am glad I read it to the end though, as the last half of the book was definitely better than the first, and I loved how Myers weaved accurate Biblical archeology throughout.

In conclusion, I have enjoyed far more books than The Voice, but as so often happens, all people are different, and appreciate different writers and genres... I notice the average rating on Amazon is 4.5 stars (perhaps Burton or Jon should give a second opinion ;-) If you enjoy a thought-provoking suspenseful story interlaced with Biblical archeology, overlaid with super-natural elements, then you may enjoy this book.

"A prolific pioneer of Christian fiction, nonfiction, film, television, audio drama, and who knows what else, Bill Myers now sets out to write a crisp, express-train read featuring 3D characters, cinematic settings, and action, and, as usual, a premise I wish I'd thought of--and succeeds splendidly! Two thumbs up!" (Frank E. Peretti )

A sequel to The Voice is to be released this year, entitled Angel of Wrath.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Voice.

02/05/2009 page 58