Connie's Reviews > Sweet Love

Sweet Love by Sarah Strohmeyer

Jan 23, 2009

liked it
Read in January, 2009

The librarian recommended Sarah Strohmeyer, and I picked this book solely on the cover.

I really enjoyed 90 percent of this book. The story about a love that keeps getting sidelined by family, misunderstanding, etc. But the way they finally get together appalled me! What a selfish act by Julie at a time her family needs her! Where did she think Michael was going? Blech, I felt Julie was a strong woman character until the end.

Also, all of the great recipes mentioned where supposed to be on the author's website, and there were only two. . . not the peach cobbler.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sweet Love.

Quotes Connie Liked

Sarah Strohmeyer
“As my mother says, your forties are when you finally pay for your past mistakes, the cigarettes and sunburns, the Big Macs and smooth-talking men. She may be right.”

Sarah Strohmeyer
“That's what dessert means to me: a dollop of sweet love in an otherwise cold world.”

Sarah Strohmeyer
“The power of women united, I am again reminded, is an invincible thing.”

Sarah Strohmeyer
“See that's what people don't get about food. It's never the food, it's the love that goes into making it. That's what's important.”

Sarah Strohmeyer
“The imagination is a wonderful thing; it allows for all manner of undiscoverable sins.”

Sarah Strohmeyer
“He's definitely one of those men you love before you get to know.”
tags: men