preppea's Reviews > Truth

Truth by Aleatha Romig

Oct 23, 2012

bookshelves: dark, contemporary, suspense, zz-reviewed

(This is actually 4.5 stars for me, but since Goodreads makes me choose its closer to 5 than 4!)

If you liked the mind-games and suspense of Consequences, then Truth will not disappoint! I feel like I just ran a marathon, or at least was forced to use my brain a lot more than I’m accustomed to several days in a row!

In Consequences, Claire was frequently isolated and in order to fully understand her perspective, the reader could go for quite a long time with only her narrative as a point of reference. In Truth, Claire has more control over who she opens up to and in parallel to that the reader is introduced to several new characters and their perspectives. In Consequences, every good story about Tony left me nervous for when the next accident or glitch would happen. After the curveball Aleatha Romig threw at the end of Consequences, I knew to stay on my toes and to expect the unexpected in Truth. Every kind person Claire met I hoped would further solidify Claire’s need for revenge against Tony. Every new piece of information she uncovered I hoped would help build the evidence Claire needed.

As expected, nothing happened according to my plan but everything was magic. Aleatha Romig really knows how to spin a web of deceipt and suspense and leave you simultaneously begging for more and cringing for less! I have no idea what she’ll do in Convicted, but I know I’ll be there to find out!

DO NOT read my comment below unless you’ve already read Truth – it will ruin it for you and trust me, you don’t want that!!! (view spoiler)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Truth.

October 23, 2012 – Shelved