Jaime Arkin's Reviews > Finale

Finale by Becca Fitzpatrick

liked it
bookshelves: ebook-format, angels, series

I'm not even sure where to start with this review.

I wanted to like this book more... I did. So I was incredibly disappointed when I got to the end.

To be honest, I'm not sure why I didn't enjoy it more. There was suspense, some love, and lots of action. I just can't explain it.

Finale is obviously the conclusion in the Hush, Hush series. Patch is the fallen angel Nora is in love with. In Finale, Nora in the leader of the Nephilim having taken a sworn oath that she would lead the Black Hands army to victory against the fallen angels or else her and her mother would die. How can she still love and be with Patch when she is being forced to lead the army that wants to eradicate him?

"You have to choose Nora. You can't be loyal to us and Patch. You're making and admirable go of it, but in the end, loyalty is about taking a side. You're either with the Nephilim or against us."

I think I struggled because this book was kind of all over the place. From working with Dante, to devilcraft, to Marcie, to Scott & Vee there was just a lot going on.

Nora ... I struggle to like her, because in some respects she's almost strong and smart, but then something happens and I'm like... you must be the stupidest girl on the planet.

Patch... there are aspects of him that I like. I can admit that, but then he puts a tracking device in Nora's jacket or treats her like an infant or doesn't explain what he's doing or where he's going instead blowing her off like a child and that doesn't work for me.

Photobucket

He did make my stomach flip flop in a couple spots...

"I know I can't feel your touch, but I feel your love, Nora. Inside me. It means everything to me. I wish I could feel you the same way you feel me, but I have your love. Nothing will ever outweigh that. Some people go their entire lives never feeling the emotions you've given me. There is no regret in that."

I actually didn't mind the other books in this series and I think I would have been happy with the end of book 3 being the absolute end of this series, but Finale gives readers that big bow at the end. If you need that, I say give this one a read. It's well written and the story is pretty interesting.

This review can be found on my blog, Fic Fare:

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Finale.

October 23, 2012 – Started Reading
October 23, 2012 – Shelved
October 23, 2012 – Shelved as: ebook-format
October 23, 2012 – Shelved as: angels
October 25, 2012 –
29.0% "I'm sorry I'd be all ' dear patch, quit fucking bossing me!'"
October 25, 2012 –
68.0% "I'm not even sure what I think of this at this point"
October 26, 2012 –
82.0% "Welp... That's convenient"
October 26, 2012 –
October 26, 2012 – Finished Reading
November 6, 2012 – Shelved as: series

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)

message 1: by Obsmama (new)

Obsmama I still haven't read #3

message 2: by Mojito (new) - added it

Mojito Maven I thought this book was TERRIBLE! All telling. No showing whiny characters. Inspired plot. Blahhhhh

Jaime Arkin Mojito wrote: "I thought this book was TERRIBLE! All telling. No showing whiny characters. Inspired plot. Blahhhhh"

I think she should have stopped at book 3 LOL