B.C. Deeks's Reviews > Wicked Appetite

Wicked Appetite by Janet Evanovich

bookshelves: romance-comedy

I’m not sure why but I enjoyed this book more the second time I read it- maybe it was my mood, or the time of year-who knows. I am a huge fan of the early Stephanie Plum, books 1-8 being my favourites, so maybe I was expecting this series to be the same thing only different. In some ways it is-snappy dialogue, cooky heroine, mysterious supermanish hero-but it isn’t fair to compare the two series. Think of this as Marvel comics on steroids and you’ll be better prepared for the stories that Evanovich has come up with this time. This one has a light paranormal element that requires the reader to plant tongue firmly in cheek and totally suspend disbelief. If you trust this author enough to do that, then you can thoroughly enjoy the Diesel and Lizzy series. I really did enjoy reading Wicked Appetite this time and I’m going to dive right back into her crazy universe for Book 2. I’m sure it’ll be another wild ride. If you find yourself heading to the beach with nothing to read, give this one a(nother) try. You might also be surprised.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wicked Appetite.

October 22, 2012 – Shelved