❀ Minesha ❀'s Reviews > The Winter King

The Winter King by C.L. Wilson

Oct 22, 2012

it was ok
bookshelves: to-read, want-to-read, romance, fantasy, royalty

“Well, princess,” Wynter murmured, “let’s see what you’re made of."

12 May 2014 Update: Win an arc on CL Wilson's website (Click blog)!

17 April 2014 Update: 600 pages of pure goodness ! Woo hoo ! The book is going to be so so long which means it is going to be one sweet long ride. * Sigh * Don't you just love fantasy romance ? 600 pages means its going to be a proper story- well drawn out, not abrupt and quick-quick romances!

Read the excerpt here!

19th December 2013 update

Oh boy! Check out the prologue and first chapter of the winter king in CL Wilson's new book One Enchanted Season

Seems like Khamsin(Heroine) and Wynter (hero) are going to be in a real battle of wills. Goodness, the tension!! I am so so so so excited!! He he, Wynter first sees Khamsin in a tower and thinks she is a servant. What will happen when he realizes that she is the fourth princess. I can't wait to read their confrontation....and everything else! And something about the most powerful magical sword..

He felt the weather mage’s breathless shock, tasted the scent of definite feminine power and outrage on the wind. And, to his pleasure, a hint of fear. Good. The precocious princess has probably
never met her match. Until now.

She would learn, as her father had learned, that the Winter King was no spineless pampered weakling to be threatened without a care. She would learn, as her brother would learn if the coward ever dared return to face the man he’d wronged, that the wild, impetuous tempest of summer was no match for the hard, relentless dominion of winter.

I am absolutely craving for more right now and making up my own story. Sigh- what a long long wait!!

“Mind your temper, and use that brain God
gave you! This isn’t politics we’re talking about. It’s survival. Your father’s and your own to boot.Displease the Winter King, and we’ll none of us see another spring.”

“What joy does a slave find in spring?” Khamsin countered bitterly.“Better to die a hero’s deathlike Roland than live ten lifetimes cowering beneath a conqueror’s heel!”

AMAZON'S SUMMARY:

After three long years of war, starkly handsome Wynter Atrialan will have his vengeance on Summerlea's king by taking one of the man's beautiful, beloved daughters as his bride. But though peace is finally at hand, Wynter's battle with the Ice Heart, the dread power he embraced to avenge his brother's death, rages on.

Khamsin Coruscate, Princess of Summerlea and summoner of Storms, has spent her life exiled to the shadows of her father's palace. Reviled by her father, marriage to Wintercraig's icy king was supposed to be a terrible punishment, but instead offers Kham her first taste of freedom—and her first taste of overwhelming passion.

As fierce, indomitable Wynter weathers even Khamsin's wildest storms, surprising her with a tenderness she never expected, Kham wants more than Wynter's passion—she yearns for his love. But the power of the Ice Heart is growing, dangerous forces are gathering, and a devastating betrayal puts Khamsin and Wynter to the ultimate test.
----------------

19th August 2013 Update
Release date : August 2014
ONE MORE YEAR !!
That seems like awfully long time, but I guess that will just make the book more exciting to read.

----------------

Woo Hoo ! The cover is up.. that means the book is probably going to come out very soon !

Do you'll like the cover? I like the herioine's dress.

There are 2 excerpts on Cl Wilson's yahoo group :

Man, I am literally bubbling with excitement !!!!! :D
Actually that is an understatement ! Can't wait :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Winter King.

October 22, 2012 – Shelved
July 8, 2013 – Shelved as: want-to-read
July 8, 2013 – Shelved as: romance
July 8, 2013 – Shelved as: fantasy
July 8, 2013 – Shelved as: to-read
June 18, 2014 – Shelved as: royalty

Mary - Buried Under Romance 600 pages? Page length says 384 though...

❀ Minesha ❀ Mary wrote: "600 pages? Page length says 384 though..."

I saw it on C.L Wilson's facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/clwilsonbook...

Leila CL Wilson in person confirmed it will be 600 pages.
Isn't '384 pages' on almost every new released book? o.O

Mari You liked it, but gave it two stars? Oh my. I think this pretty much tells you who enjoyed reading this…book.

❀ Minesha ❀ Mari wrote: "You liked it, but gave it two stars? Oh my. I think this pretty much tells you who enjoyed reading this…book."

No I didn't like it. This review was before the book had been released. After I read it, I found the hero to be quite abusive and controlling. I don't remember why I did not write the review though. It has been a very long time since I read it.