Lauren Stoolfire's Reviews > Cold Days

Cold Days by Jim Butcher

bookshelves: fantasy, urban-fantasy, vampires, mystery

The Dresden Files by Jim Butcher is one of my all time favorite series. I have no clue why I put off reading Cold Days for so long because it was an absolutely fantastic return to Harry's Chicago (and the Nevernever) - I actually had to give myself a bit of a refresher. Anyway, Harry and company have gone through some pretty major changes, but they're all in top form even if they've changed a bit along the way. As awesome as all the action, magic, sense of humor, and mystery are, the characters are totally what make this series and that's no different here - it's a pleasure to see how much everyone, especially Harry, has grown over the course of the series. In this case, Harry's taken on the mantle of the Winter Knight and the stakes have never been higher. After that gut-punch of an ending, it's time to jump into Skin Game! Here's to hoping Michael Carpenter will be back for the next round, and we'll get to see Maggie.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Cold Days.

Quotes Lauren Liked

Jim Butcher
“I know it's not thematically in tune with my new job and all, but I find it effective. Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day," I say. "But set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life. Tao of Pratchett. I live by it.”
Jim Butcher, Cold Days

page 335
page 455
page 537
January 18, 2018 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)

Zombieslayer/Alienhunter {and so on} Skin Game is absolutely wonderful. Harry's growth as a character and some of the fiends that show up are top notch.

Lauren Stoolfire Zombieslayer/Alienhunter {good freaking grief} wrote: "Skin Game is absolutely wonderful. Harry's growth as a character and some of the fiends that show up are top notch."

Woot! Good to know!

Emma Skin Game is 👌👌👌👌 Enjoy.

Lauren Stoolfire Emma wrote: "Skin Game is 👌👌👌👌 Enjoy."

Awesome! Thanks!