Becky's Reviews > Scent of Magic

Scent of Magic by Maria V. Snyder

1978609

Read 2 times. Last read October 21, 2012 to October 30, 2012.

I was lucky enough to get a free copy of this book through NetGalley. This in no way affects my review.
OMG, I read 'Touch of Power' (book 1) last year and fell in love with it, I reviewed it as part of a competition which I ended up winning and the prize was my ipad. :O
I'm so glad I loved that book as it made my review enthusiastic and just well, a winner! So when I saw that NetGalley was offering advanced copies of this book, I of course had to apply. I never imagined I would actually be lucky enough to get a copy but here we are. After finishing book 1 last year I have been desperate to know what would happen to Avry and Kerrick and her team, it's one of those books that stay with you, and sure enough jumping into this one didn't cause me any problems. Everything came back to me and I was instantly transported into that world once more.

Everyone believes Avry is dead, a powerful position to be in, but instead of hiding away she is determined to do all she can to bring down Tohon's army.
Kerrick sets off on his own Quest, trying to rally his Kingdom to fight and coming across lots of obstacles.
There are a lot of returning characters and some new ones too. I was sooo excited and happy to see one character back. My heart literally jumped for joy and swelled with happiness. Thank you Maria, you don't know how much that meant to your fans!!!
I really liked the return of the two children Danny and Zila. Danny in particular plays a bigger part and I really grew to like him, he will make a great future player.
Once again you are thrust into a world of magic, mystery, adventure, fighting and romance. There isn't quite as much romance in this one in some ways as Avry and Kerrick spend quite a bit of time apart, but they think of each other and in many ways you can feel their connection stretching over the pages, keeping them together.
There are a lot of twists and turns to keep you turning the pages, I laughed, I cried and I was shocked throughout, this story really takes hold of you and draws you in. I feel like I know the place and people. I step into their land, become a part of the group.
If you haven't read book 1 yet, I strongly recommend you do, get it now and read it before this one is released. Also check out her other series 'Study' series and 'Opal Cowan' series.
You won't regret it!!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Scent of Magic.

October 21, 2012 – Started Reading
October 24, 2012 –
page 190
October 24, 2012 –
page 245
Started Reading (Other Paperback Edition)
October 30, 2012 – Finished Reading (Other Paperback Edition)
October 30, 2012 – Finished Reading
October 31, 2012 – Shelved (Other Paperback Edition)