Danika's Reviews > What Happened to Goodbye

What Happened to Goodbye by Sarah Dessen

12982077
Oct 21, 2012

liked it
Recommended for: People who like light, relatable, fun reads.

This was a really sweet book about learning to find your true self.

I have heard this is not one of Dessen's better books (this being the only one I have read), and I do agree. It didn't really stand out, and neither did (most) of the characters. However, I really understood McLean, which is funny because I can't relate to her situation at all. But still, her thoughts, choices, and decisions kind of struck some kind of chord with me. She was a likeable narrator too, which was nice. I didn't find the love interest, Dave, to be that special. I liked him well enough though.

The book was kind of lacking in plot though. I was kind of like, okay, okay, get on with it... I wouldn't say I was bored, just felt like the plot needed a push or something of sorts. But stuff still happened, a few predictable things, but stuff happened.

Overall, I really enjoyed the book, it was fun and sweet but not something that would really stand out.

3/5 stars.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read What Happened to Goodbye.

October 21, 2012 – Shelved
January 18, 2013 – Started Reading
January 18, 2013 –
page 175
42.07% "Read a good chunk last night and in the morning but not since then. I'm really enjoying it!"
January 18, 2013 –