Harini's Reviews > The Name of the Wind

The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss
Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Name of the Wind.

Quotes Harini Liked

Patrick Rothfuss
“It's like everyone tells a story about themselves inside their own head. Always. All the time. That story makes you what you are. We build ourselves out of that story.”

Patrick Rothfuss
“Words are pale shadows of forgotten names. As names have power, words have power. Words can light fires in the minds of men. Words can wring tears from the hardest hearts.”

Patrick Rothfuss
“You have to be a bit of a liar to tell a story the right way.”

Patrick Rothfuss
“Music is a proud, temperamental mistress. Give her the time and attention she deserves, and she is yours. Slight her and there will come a day when you call and she will not answer. So I began sleeping less to give her the time she needed.”

Patrick Rothfuss
“Bones mend. Regret stays with you forever.”

Patrick Rothfuss
“You see, women are like fires, like flames. Some women are like candles, bright and friendly. Some are like single sparks, or embers, like fireflies for chasing on summer nights. Some are like campfires, all light and heat for a night and willing to be left after. Some women are like hearthfires, not much to look at but underneath they are all warm red coal that burns a long, long while.”

Patrick Rothfuss
“We understand how dangerous a mask can be. We all become what we pretend to be.”

October 21, 2012 – Shelved