GraceMyBookSnack's Reviews > One Night with a Hero

One Night with a Hero by Laura Kaye

bookshelves: favorites

I could not get enough of Brady and Joss!

Right when I was about to start One Night With A Hero, the lovely Laura Kaye updated her blog with her inspiration for Brady:

Holy bulging bicep! Well, that visual certainly heightened my reading experience!

When I heard Her Forbidden Hero was going to have a sequel and that it was going to be Brady Scott's story, I just knew it was going to be good. I had no idea that I would end up loving One Night With A Hero even more!

“This was a one-night-only deal. Exactly his style. He didn't do sleepovers.”

Brady and Joss meet in a such a cute way. He turns on the charm from the moment he notices Joss, and he doesn't waste time figuring out how to spend more time with her. It all leads to her making a one-night-only offer to him. Be prepared, because things get hot and heavy right away! Their one night together becomes more when they find out they're neighbors! You see where this is going, yeah? Brady and Joss are so insatiable together! Their scenes together are super steamy...you have been warned!

“She wrapped her arms around his neck and held him close, surrendering to the hot chemistry that burned so brightly between them.”

I really enjoyed getting to know Joss. She has quite a few tattoos, a pierced tongue, and pink hair highlights. She's quirky, lovable, and works with kids. Her heart has been broken too many times that, like Brady, she's got a wall around it. Brady's protective and possessive side can't help but surface when he's around her, but he's got a lot of anger issues. Let's just say that he doesn't handle the news to her pregnancy too well.

The overall storyline for One Night With A Hero is not original. We've seen it before, a night of giving into lust leads to an unexpected pregnancy, and the guy can't back away fast enough. Kaye gives her characters a unique enough voice to set them apart from the rest. Combine that with her talent to create a love story so emotional that it tugs your heart, and a tortured hero that turns you into a puddle of goo, and you've got yourself one fantastic, satisfying read!

I honestly could not get enough of Brady and Joss! My favorite parts? Well, I have too many! If I listed them all, I'd be describing the entire book. If you're wondering if Marco and Alyssa make an appearance, yes, they do! They are tied into the story very well.

If you loved, Her Forbidden Hero, I'm sure you will enjoy One Night With A Hero as well. I think Kaye's The Heroes books just might be my favorite of her series. Her heroes are simply irresistible!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read One Night with a Hero.

October 19, 2012 – Shelved
October 22, 2012 – Started Reading
October 23, 2012 –
October 23, 2012 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

Tessamari ♥Many Waters...♥ ~ Sweet Spot Book Blog I finished this a few days ago and really liked this one. :)

GraceMyBookSnack I'm so loving it! I'm holding off reading your review until I write mine. :) The cover is really hot!