I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com)'s Reviews > Truth

Truth by Aleatha Romig

photo Truthbanner_zps0c72e21d.jpg

View Updated Review & Enter to Win!

How EXACTLY does one go about writing a review about such a mysterious and complicated story line without giving anything away? I’m not sure, because I am still trying to figure that out…

After pondering TRUTH and everything that has transpired in the Rawlings’ world, I’m not certain I am in any better frame of mind to review this book any more than I was a few days ago, but I am going to try. I do think it is important to note to the readers that this is a trilogy that you have to read in order, so if you are thinking about picking this book up, make sure you have read CONSEQUENCES first!

To say that Claire and Tony have a complicated relationship is quite possibly the understatement of the century. Since, by now, you all have read the first book in the trilogy, CONSEQUENCES, you are aware that Claire and Tony’s relationship did not begin as most “normal” love affairs do. In an effort to right the wrongs of the past by exacting revenge on those near and dear to the offenders, Tony kidnaps and brutalizes Claire for a period of 2 years. To the general public, Claire appears to have it all as Tony’s wife. After all, Tony is a debonair businessman any woman would be lucky to have as a companion and most certainly a prime catch as a husband, but we all know that looks can be very deceiving.

In TRUTH, author, Aleatha Romig continues to torment readers with the sweet torture of Claire and Tony’s story, a story that is so intricately woven you can scarcely blink an eye or you might miss something crucial.

Following Claire’s incarceration for the attempted murder of her husband, an angel bestows a great gift upon her in the form of a pardon. After serving 14 months in prison for a crime she probably did not commit, she is released from prison and granted a pardon from her crime, meaning that she is forgiven and in the eyes of the law, it never occurred – it is expunged from her record. I am saying she “probably did not commit this crime” because you never know what kind of monkey wrench Romig, is planning to throw into the final book, CONVICTED, being the wicked tale-teller she is, I cannot begin to fathom what she has up her sleeve…anyhoo, I digress…

Embracing her newfound gift of freedom, Claire endeavors to rebuild her life and uncover answers to the questions that have been weighing on the minds of all the players in this very risky game of life and revenge. Is the truth worth risking her life? CONSEQUENCES demonstrated that not all is not as it seems in the world surrounding Anthony Rawlings. TRUTH further solidifies that perception is not always reality. Can Claire distinguish friend from foe in time to save herself and the ones she loves? Only time will tell.

What an exhilarating ride! The players in this game of TRUTH were intense and charismatic, although new people were introduced, our old favorites we love to hate got plenty of face-time, namely Tony. If you like a twisty plot with loads of mysteries around every corner, then TRUTH is a must-read! It’s a thrilling and thought-provoking psychological thriller at it’s best! The wait for the final installment is going to be agonizing…2014 cannot come soon enough…

✳✳ Copy provided by the author/publisher for an honest review.
✳✳ Reviewed on I ♥ Bookie Nookie Reviews

___________________________________________________

Menage Readers

Erotic Enchants

Bookie Nookie's Erotic Lending Group

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Truth.

October 19, 2012 – Shelved
October 19, 2012 – Shelved as: z-from-the-author-publisher
October 19, 2012 – Shelved as: tone-dark-or-not-fluffy
October 20, 2012 –
32.0% "OMG! WHAT IS GOING ON????? I think we are in the Twilight Zone... I don't know if I should beat my head against the wall or jump up and down! GAH!"
October 22, 2012 –
86.0% "My heart is breaking..."
Started Reading
February 12, 2013 – Shelved as: content-cliffhanger
March 16, 2013 – Shelved as: character-crazy-rich
June 5, 2015 – Shelved as: a-fav-author
July 1, 2015 – Shelved as: i-love-this-all

Comments Showing 1-50 of 52 (52 new)

Lisa OMG!! Your reading it early? I know you can't give much away but PLEASE give me something! I'm looking forward to reading this book more than I am Christmas!

I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com) YES! I am so lucky! If I can find something to give you, I will! I know Aleatha will kill me if I give anything away...

It is so good!

Lisa Ahhhhh don't say that! What has happen???? You know I'm dying here!

I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com) Lisa wrote: "Ahhhhh don't say that! What has happen???? You know I'm dying here!"

A LOT!!!!!

I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com) I don't even know how I am supposed to write a review...

Ashleigh I cant wait to read it!!

I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com) Ashleigh wrote: "I cant wait to read it!!"

Woo-hoo! There is A LOT going on in this installment!!!

Lisa Please tell me that I didn't just read that the third book doesn't come out until 2014? Are you kidding me?

message 10: by Lisa (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lisa " She probably did not commit" Really? Now I'm going to have that to think about until next Thursday! LOL...

I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com) Good Lord! You just never know with AR...she is good at throwing curve balls...

Jamie *Gypsy Smut-a-teer* OMG, I am so jealous you got to read this already!!! Wow!! I can't wait until next week!!!

Donna ~ The Romance Cover Very very jealous!!

message 15: by Ela (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ela Arghhhhhhhhh....I need my sweet revenge!!! I am so NOT team Tony.

I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com) Ela wrote: "Arghhhhhhhhh....I need my sweet revenge!!! I am so NOT team Tony."

LMAO... I think the consensus is about 50/50 on the Tony lovers and haters!

I felt like such a schmuck at the end of CONSEQUENCES for loving Tony... WHY???? WHY??? WHY would I love this man????

Something is definitely wrong with me!

Ashleigh No i felt the same way I loved and hated Tony at times im still on the fence hoping for a HEA lol that makes me crazy too lol!

Jamie *Gypsy Smut-a-teer* OH I can't wait. I hated Tony, and I loved Tony, and I hated that I loved Tony. I wanted him to be punished, I wanted him to get a HEA with Claire, but in the end I think I just wanted him to realize and admit that he ended up actually loving Claire and then I wanted him to get what he deserved and have to suffer. I have so many mixed feelings about Tony, they confuse me.

I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com) LOL @ Jamie! My sentiments exactly!

chass I hated Tony.period! I hope that Claire gets sweet-sweet revenge!!!!!!!! The ONLY reason I am reading TRUTH is for Claires revenge.

Tina...born to be a Biker Babe Team Tony + Claire fan right here!! They love eachother no doubt, even after all that happens in the book. I think that is what draws us into turning every page. You know you want to hate him, but you cant...

message 23: by Ela (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ela chass wrote: "I hated Tony.period! I hope that Claire gets sweet-sweet revenge!!!!!!!! The ONLY reason I am reading TRUTH is for Claires revenge."

OMG I thing you are the only other reader as passionately in HATE with Tony as me! Yay...revenge...slow and painful!

chass Although I read the warnings "this is NOT a light read", I was still curious. I almost let me repeat ALMOST "tolerated" him after her "accident". He seemed genuinely worried. BOY WAS I WRONG!! The 1st time he reminded her of his rules I was back not that I really ever left- hating him with a passion! If the book didn't end with thoughts of revenge and TRUTH didn't hint at revenge, there would be no way in hell I would ever read the second one. I wanted to stop reading the first one but as silly as it sounds I felt I was leaving a friend in a bad situation. The only thing that kept me turning pages was waiting for her to get away.

Fathima Yeah totally jealous of you right now girl !God , November hurry up please ! Awesome review by the way :D

I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com) Fathima wrote: "Yeah totally jealous of you right now girl !God , November hurry up please ! Awesome review by the way :D"

It's almost time!

message 27: by Anna (new) - rated it 5 stars

Anna I can't wait! I just finished Consequences and I'm desperate to continue the story!

I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com) Anna wrote: "I can't wait! I just finished Consequences and I'm desperate to continue the story!"

Just in time! Did u love it?

message 29: by Anna (last edited Oct 27, 2012 05:07PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Anna I ♥ Bookie Nookie wrote: "Anna wrote: "I can't wait! I just finished Consequences and I'm desperate to continue the story!"

Just in time! Did u love it?"

Totally! I was completely engrossed in the story and I'm pretty desperate for the next part.

Nichole I just finished Consequences and am only tempted to read this to see if Claire gets revenge. However, if there's a third that seems unlikely :/ Also, I was never on Team Tony. Any time they were lovey, I felt sick to my stomach. *shudders*

I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com) Nichole wrote: "I just finished Consequences and am only tempted to read this to see if Claire gets revenge. However, if there's a third that seems unlikely :/ Also, I was never on Team Tony. Any time they were lo..."

You might change your mind... ;-)

Jamie *Gypsy Smut-a-teer* I ♥ Bookie Nookie wrote: "Nichole wrote: "I just finished Consequences and am only tempted to read this to see if Claire gets revenge. However, if there's a third that seems unlikely :/ Also, I was never on Team Tony. Any t..."

OMG, really????? I am trying so hard right now to finish a book so I can start Truth!!!!

I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com) Jamie wrote: "I ♥ Bookie Nookie wrote: "Nichole wrote: "I just finished Consequences and am only tempted to read this to see if Claire gets revenge. However, if there's a third that seems unlikely :/ Also, I wa..."

Jamie, how far are u into Consequences?

Jamie *Gypsy Smut-a-teer* I finished Consequences in September. I have been reading the Dream Man series and I am on the last one, Motorcycle Man. I am loving them, but had it mapped out I would be done with them by today so I could read Truth, but I have had a few disruptions so, trying to finish this up so I am not in that mind set anymore and can enjoy Truth!!! Hopefully start it tonight. I like 40%.

chass I'm starting TRUTH!

I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com) Jamie wrote: "I finished Consequences in September. I have been reading the Dream Man series and I am on the last one, Motorcycle Man. I am loving them, but had it mapped out I would be done with them by today s..."

LOL...my brain is defunct today :-) I read your post wrong. Hurry up with that book!

I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com) chass wrote: "I'm starting TRUTH!"

Wooo-hoo!

Jamie *Gypsy Smut-a-teer* I ♥ Bookie Nookie wrote: "Jamie wrote: "I finished Consequences in September. I have been reading the Dream Man series and I am on the last one, Motorcycle Man. I am loving them, but had it mapped out I would be done with t..."

I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com) Jamie wrote: "Lol, in trying!! My hubby is normally at work, but he has had truck problems since last Friday and has been popping in and out and disturbing my reading. .."

Damn truck!

Maggie Simms What an awesome review. I couldn't agree with you more. I loved all the twists and turns this story has. Can't wait until the next book.

Jamie *Gypsy Smut-a-teer* I may need counseling...

I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com) Vabyvlue wrote: "What an awesome review. I couldn't agree with you more. I loved all the twists and turns this story has. Can't wait until the next book."

Thank you! It was very hard to write a review without giving something away!

I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com) Jamie wrote: "I may need counseling..."

Have you started it yet?

Tina...born to be a Biker Babe Just finished TRUTH!!!!!! God help me till the 3rd book comes out, I am on the edge of pulling my hair out. This series is in my TOP 10 fav's

Jamie *Gypsy Smut-a-teer* I ♥ Bookie Nookie wrote: "Jamie wrote: "I may need counseling..."

Have you started it yet?"

Yes ma'am!! At 83%, I can't believe the way this book is going, total opposite of what I expected...

message 48: by Dawn (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dawn This book kept me on the edge of an emotional cliff the entire journey. It picks up where Consequences ends and all I can say is WOW! I ran out of guesses as to what would happen next. This is one of those books that will stay in my "keepers" pile. Grand Slam Ms. Romig!!! I certainly can't wait until book 3 is here.

message 49: by Dawn (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dawn Great Review Bookie!!!!

I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com) Dawn wrote: "Great Review Bookie!!!!"

Thanks Dawn!