Lise *friends don't flag*'s Reviews > Entice

8191340

liked it
bookshelves: con-rom, steamy

3.5 ★★★

I loved Exquisite so I had very high hopes for Entice. I enjoy this author’s writing style, story development and detail. I was really feeling this one for the first 50 plus % and then not so much.

Josh was portrayed as just a bit too sweet even though he stood firm in what he wanted, and he did want the ‘Man-Eater’ Monroe. Shelly was portrayed as an alpha female; upfront and direct in what she wanted sexually. Although afraid to let herself fall for Josh even though she wanted him badly.

“Because I gave a guy like him a chance once, and he used it all up for every other guy like him.”

So… they struck up a deal for a sex only relationship and that worked fine until things changed under the dreaming tree…
“I called this my dreaming tree. I would come down here and dream of where I wanted to escape to and who I wanted to meet.”

This is where the story started to drag for me. Months and months go by, nothing is resolved. Josh moves away (even though I knew exactly what he was doing.)

The marriage between Lena and Mason occurs which was beautiful and a highlight in the second half of the book. And then Shelly finally comes to terms with her feelings and … you need to read the book to find out what happens.

I will say I am quite excited for book 3. I believe Rachel and Cole’s story will have some kink to it!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Entice.

October 19, 2012 – Shelved
January 31, 2013 – Started Reading
February 1, 2013 –
33.0% "Man-Eater and Delicious Daniels on a road trip... Oh yeah!"
February 2, 2013 – Shelved as: con-rom
February 2, 2013 – Shelved as: steamy
February 2, 2013 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)

Blacky *Romance Addict* Great review, and I agree about the last part, it did drag a bit. I don't like separations in my books :(
And yes, can't wait for book 3!!!

Lise *friends don't flag* Thanks, Blacky. I wanted to love this one :-(

Blacky *Romance Addict* Lise wrote: "Thanks, Blacky. I wanted to love this one :-("

Me too Lise, me too. It was GREAT in the beginning and middle, but just totally didn't like the ending. Oh well :D

Baba  Great review, Lise! I think we all are looking forward to reading book 3. :)))