Jennifer K Jovus's Reviews > Three River Ranch

Three River Ranch by Roxanne Snopek

My Thoughts:

Most heroines in romance books drive me crazy at some point. Three River Ranch's Aurora (Rory) McAllister does not. She is a compassionate, level headed and endearing person who cares deeply for those around her, including her labradoodle, horses she has just been introduced to and the biggest surprise in her life – Carson.

Carson, a cowboy and gentleman, is stuck with Rory as a ranch hand. It’s a conundrum that neither of them wants to be in, but together they make the most of it. Carson is in a difficult situation trying to pursue his dream of helping wild mustangs but can't fully achieve his goal until he owns the Three River Ranch property. Because of a stipulation written into his fathers will, Carson cannot inherit the property until he is married. Something he does not want.

Carson's long time friend Zach suggest to him that he marry Rory to fulfill that obligation but Carson wants nothing to do with it. While Carson struggles with his own feelings toward Rory he debates if he should tell her about the will.

Three River Ranch is filled full of strong characters that are simply good people trying to do their best. Because of this the characters are easy to relate to and cause the reader to get attached to them. I loved the interactions and honesty that flows between Carson and Rory as well as their devoted friends Desiree and Zach.

I really hope that author Roxanne Snopek gives us a spin off book written for Desiree and Zach, their chemistry is great and with her writing style, I can promise you I will be buying more of her books.

What I didn’t' like:

Towards the middle-end of the book I got anxious waiting for something to happen. At times like these I end up skipping ahead in the book. I did it a couple of times in Three River Ranch not because the book was boring, but more because I was banging my head against the wall frustrated by the characters actions.

Would I buy this book?

Absolutely. It is worth the $2.99. I imagine I will be re-reading Three River Ranch on a stormy day with a mug of hot chocolate this winter. It is a feel good romance with selfless love and a happy ending making it a perfect combination.

Who do I recommend Three River Ranch to?

Lovers of romance of course! Three River Ranch appeals to the adult reader but I do think it could appeal to the New Young Adult fan too. (Older YA) There is one sex scene that is pretty sweet and not graphic.

I give Three River Ranch 4 1/2 Skulls - which means buy this book. It's a keeper and worth the money.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Three River Ranch.

Finished Reading