Melanie's Reviews > The Holiday List

F 50x66

liked it

Cute Holiday Story

Rating: 3.25🌈

The Holiday List is the fourth and final book in Lane Hayes Script Club series, built around a group of nerd scientists who live and work together. They form a club that does odd jobs, each becomes a focus of a book as well as one of the scientists who end up with their HEA.

This was a cute story. Chet was someone new to the house and therefore not a person we’ve grown to love as we had all the others. He was just as adorably quirky and Hayes gave him a suitable family and background.

Chet really shown with his interactions with Lincoln, the child he was helping with his science projects. I really wished this story had explored that dynamic further, including Sam into it. Because that would have elevated this story into something special, especially at the holidays.

As it is, we get a “as told” sort of narrative for their developing relationship. As in Chet and Linc did this , then they performed that… etc.

It did not fill in for the missing lively personal warmth and displays of developing affection the other scenes made apparent.

I liked the characters. That of Sam, the divorced father with his issues of insecurities and background were well done. Also his chemistry with the adorable Chet was clear.

But, I felt there could have been more scenes , maybe of them decorating Sam’s house, since that was a big element, anything that had them actually talking and establishing a relationship (one we see happening).

The numerous sex scenes are hot and well, sexy. However relationship and character growth needs to be given equal page time for everything to flourish. Including our interest in the couple.

They have a very sweet ending and lovely epilogue. It puts a happy ending to the book and series.

While not my fav in this series, it’s cute. And if you’re a fan, it’s a nice way to say goodbye.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Holiday List.

Started Reading