Robin's Reviews > The Bone Collector

The Bone Collector by Jeffery Deaver

Jan 19, 2009

The Bone Collector was good, even great and I think it was better than the movie too. It was a little bit clunky getting off the ground for me as a lot of the forensic definitions seemed out of place in the conversational flow of the book, (ie. the investigators would be talking about a piece of evidence and Lincoln Rhyme would say, "run a blah blah, a test that anaylizes the chemical breakdown of yadda yadda, on that strand of hair") but once the author stopped defining every forensic proceedure and just told the story it was a fantastic and entertaining read.

I particularly enjoyed the developing relationships between the characters, the modeling of the modern day murderer's crimes after a historical fiend's and yes, even with the clunky definitions at times, I loved tracking the crimes from a forensic investigators point of view.

I'd like to say I'll be running out to pick up The Coffin Dancer, to continue reading about quadriplegic forensic investigator, Lincoln Rhyme's adventures but reading the back cover, I'm not sure it sounds as good so we'll have to see.

1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Bone Collector.

January 19, 2009 – Shelved
February 5, 2009 –
page 26
6.09% "Off to a slow start."
February 6, 2009 –