Lauren Welch's Reviews > The Magic Faraway Tree

The Magic Faraway Tree by Enid Blyton

F 50x66

bookshelves: to-read

This was my favourite book when I was younger because it’s such an enchanting story. The story takes place in an enchanted forest in which a gigantic magical tree grows - the enormous "Faraway Tree". The tree is so tall that its top branches reach into the clouds and it is wide enough to contain small houses carved into its trunk. Three children find the tree in the enchanted forest, which is the start of their adventure. They meet lots of new friends in different parts of the tree like moon face, who has a slippery slide in this house and saucepan man, who wears saucepans over his body and is really funny. They get to visit lots of different lands like topsy-turvy land and Do-as-you-please land. The book is exciting and full of magic.
I think the book is a brilliant book for creating imagination of all the different lands and provides escapism from real life in its fantasy world. It is a magical enchanting book and provokes the imagination in the use of language and descriptions of the tree.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Magic Faraway Tree.

October 17, 2012 – Shelved
October 14, 2016 – Shelved as: to-read

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

message 1: by Lauren (new) - added it

Lauren I agree with Lauren. The book contains excellent vocabulary for young children to learn