Manda's Reviews > Love Anthony

Love Anthony by Lisa Genova

F 50x66
Oct 17, 2012

bookshelves: 2012

** spoiler alert ** "Take what you've learned and love someone again. Find someone to love and love without condition. That is why we're all here."

I think Lisa Genova is quickly becoming one my favorite authors. I love her stories, they're so real and so believable. Her stories about things that happen to everyday people in a real world and I just love them.

Beth and Olivia meet years before the novel begins but didn't realize it until much, much later in the book. Olivia had a son named Anthony that had autism that she lost.

Olivia separates from her husband after the death of their son and she moves to their summer home on Nantucket. She spends most of the book contemplating her son's life and his purpose in life.

Beth is a wife and mother of 3 girls. She finds out at the beginning of the book that her husband is cheating on her. She kicks him out and sets about reinventing herself. She rediscovers her love for writing and sets about writing a new novel. A novel about a boy with autism named Anthony.

I loved the ending of this book. I loved how Genova never says that Beth and her husband get back together but it is implied. I love that the book ends with Beth beginning her new journey in life. The last verse of this book will stay with me for a long long time.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Love Anthony.

October 17, 2012 – Started Reading