Dee's Reviews > Prophecy of the Sisters

Prophecy of the Sisters by Michelle Zink
Rate this book
Clear rating

by
1925659
's review
Jan 19, 2009

did not like it

Nothing happens in this book! People take walks and talk. Then they ride horses and talk. Then they go into town and talk. All the girls are dumb. The only interesting one is Alice. She was only interesting because she's evil. This book is a rip off of A Great and Terrible Beauty. Gemma Doyle is way better than this. Definitely skip.
47 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Prophecy of the Sisters.
Sign In »

Reading Progress

Finished Reading
January 19, 2009 – Shelved

Comments (showing 1-26 of 26) (26 new)

dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rebekah (last edited Jan 29, 2009 07:30PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Rebekah You obviously a) didn't pay attention while reading this book, b) didn't pay attention while reading A Great and Terrible Beauty, or c) didn't pay attention to either. The only thing this book and A Great and Terrible Beauty have in common is the fact they're set in the Victorian era. Other than that, they're completely different.


message 2: by Megan (new)

Megan Lisa, I think that if you click on "yes" as if you were going to vote again, it will remove the vote, or at least give you the option to do so. I haven't tried it myself, but I read it in another comment somewhere on here.


message 3: by travelmel (new) - added it

travelmel Hmm... I loved Gemma... searching for a rip-off. LOL Darn! ;)


Reina i would have to disagree. i thoguht all the characters were pretty interesting, especially Sonias character. she's kind of a mystery


Lisa I disagree with this review as well. While there was quite a bit of talking as the Lia, Sonia, and Luisa tried to sort out the prophecy, I felt this was necessary at most points and, regardless, the plot moved along quite quickly (I didn't want to put it down). The only instance I felt I wanted the plot to move faster was when they were trying to figure out the nature of the keys. I think we all knew what the keys were before Lia figured it out!


message 6: by Z (new) - rated it 2 stars

Z I actually pretty much agree with this review. There was too much talking and not enough action and it did seem very similar to A Great and Terrible Beauty, though not quite as good (and I didn't really like that one either). I do, however, think that Sonia's character has potential, though right now I agree that Alice and perhaps some of the secondary characters (Henry, etc.) are the only interesting ones.


Morgan Rea Says the girl with a Twilight picture as her profile pic. You wouldn't know a good book if it bit you in the butt.


message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Morgan wrote: "Says the girl with a Twilight picture as her profile pic. You wouldn't know a good book if it bit you in the butt."

OMG tat's so true LOL. Twilight's okay i guess. But i so prefer Vampire Acamdey series <3 I just bought the Prophecy of the sisters series and it sounds really interesting.


message 9: by RainbowPotato (new)

RainbowPotato Morgan wrote: "Says the girl with a Twilight picture as her profile pic. You wouldn't know a good book if it bit you in the butt."

I was thinking the same exact thing!


Nancy Morgan wrote: "Says the girl with a Twilight picture as her profile pic. You wouldn't know a good book if it bit you in the butt."

Defenitely agree with this! =)


Michelle  novelsontherun I am at page 80 and there is so much going on I have had to note it so that I can keep up with it all.
Its a very fast paced, exciting book so far. Well written, looking forward to reading more later:D


CeJayCe I don't agree with this at all. I'm about half way through and I think it's pretty great. As for A Great and Terrible Beauty...I tried reading that, but I thought it was pretty boring and slow. I had to put it down. So your opinion on this book pretty much matches mine for Gemma Doyle's.


message 13: by Hanna (new) - added it

Hanna Morgan wrote: "Says the girl with a Twilight picture as her profile pic. You wouldn't know a good book if it bit you in the butt."

haha! I was about to say that, but i guess that you beat me to the punch line! ;)


message 14: by Amaeena (new)

Amaeena Reyes I so loved this book! I also readthe second one! I CANT WAIT FOR THE LAST!


Morgan F As a person who disliked Twilight.....and is named Morgan (glares at other Morgan)...I still thought the book was boring. Just because a person likes a book you don't like, or vice versa, doesn't mean they have bad taste. It just means they didn't like the book.

I agree with you, Dee. Don't let the haters get you down.


message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

"Nothing happens in this book" - says the girl with Edward and Bella for a picture. I think that explains enough


Morgan F Dim wrote: ""Nothing happens in this book" - says the girl with Edward and Bella for a picture. I think that explains enough"

Someone already said that in the comments, and it is just as irrelevant now as it was then. What other books someone likes does not discount their opinion.

I'm sure there are books you and I disagree on, Dim, but that does not mean I am going to immediately discredit your every opinion.


message 18: by [deleted user] (last edited Mar 07, 2011 02:28PM) (new)

I will admit, as soon as I wrote that, I thought it was harsh. I just thought your review was a little harsh and the book wasn't great, but it wasn't bad either. It was dull at times, but the overall concept was admirable. I'm not discrediting your opinion because it is a free country, but my friend is obsessed with Twilight beyond belief, so I just had to say that. I did not mean to offend you by any means, though.


Amara Anderson yea.. this book was ok but i heard the 2nd was a complete let down. *sigh* if only i hadnt bought it. and as for the twilight pic joke/pun/thing.. umm.. i have all 4 twilight books and they are ok but the movie was HORRIBLE. i really hope hat bias review was not based of the movie viewings, because that is not completely relevant. ok?


Amara Anderson i meant that.. my stupid t key acts stupid alot.


message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

The books were okay, and the movies were decent, but they could have been better. But Rob and Kristine's chemistry makes up for it. A little bit at least.


Amara Anderson yea i guess, but kristen is pretty much apathetic for the entire series... and i think robert is very ugly.


message 23: by Claudia (new)

Claudia Did I miss something in this book? I read to page 100 and the characters wasn't developed...All the characters but no description of how they look. The relationship of Lia was really cheesy. Did I miss something...


message 24: by Brittney (new)

Brittney agreed


message 25: by Emily- (new)

Emily- E Amaeena wrote: "I so loved this book! I also readthe second one! I CANT WAIT FOR THE LAST!"


You sir, are wise.


Sarah Amelia I loved the book!


back to top