Gaele's Reviews > Hacienda Moon

Hacienda Moon by KaSonndra Leigh

Oct 16, 2012

liked it
bookshelves: jeep-diva, reviewed, owned

A gothic romance with elements of demonic possession, ghosts, psychics, witches and a murder mystery all combine with history to make an engaging and enjoyable story. There are several characters that are introduced with little to no involvement and development, with actions that seem to contraindicate the need for their inclusion. Fortunately, the characters that are ‘flatter’ are also more active in the multitude of sub-plots the author has included.

While I really believe this book has an amazing premise, and the research for historical elements was spot on, there were editing issues that could have been addressed. Voices in point of view often got muddled, and Enrique’s voice is the weaker of the two main characters. Any of the plots could have made an engaging and interesting story, and all of the pieces would have fit together a bit more clearly; although I applaud the ambition of this author in combining the different characters with different purposes and trying to come to a conclusion that ends each story-line satisfactorily. But, it was a satisfactory story to while away a few hours of
‘down time’ with a book.

*I had purchased a copy of this book for my own enjoyment long before the opportunity to review presented itself. I was not compensated for this review, and all conclusions are my own responsibility.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hacienda Moon.