Iris's Reviews > French Women Don't Get Fat: The Secret of Eating for Pleasure

1922798
Jan 18, 2009

it was ok
Read in January, 2006

Um, yes they do. In all seriousness though, this book provides good advice to living well: walk everywhere, eat healthy, eat locally and with the seasons, and treasure your food. If you want to move to Paris to do that, I'll meet you there. The author does provide some staggering, and personal, comparisons between her lifestyle in Europe and her lifestyle while living in America, and how it impacted her body. But she confesses that, while living in America, she stopped at the pastry shop every morning. While living in Europe I stopped at the pastry shop almost every day after school. I don't want to talk about what happened after 4 months of that. It isn't necessarily regional.

Jump starting your lifestyle with a cabbage-soup weekend? Well... ok, to each his own. I'll adopt a European attitude about that one.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read French Women Don't Get Fat.

Elizabeth Mundie Yes, on my first trip to Europe, my friends and I visited all the boulangeries and pattiseries and the sidewalk crepe vendors and....But, we were young, walking everywhere, and stayed skinny. I actually lost a little weight on my last visit there, but do not have that teenaged, eat all you want metabolism anymore. Sigh! So, I can definitely see that if I actually lived in Europe, the results might not be pretty.