Mary's Reviews > Band of Demons

Band of Demons by Rob Blackwell

bookshelves: horror

The second book in the series was even better than the first book. Thanks Donna for your recommendation. I really enjoyed how the relationships with the main characters was strengthened by their experiences as well as their need to "band" together to fight the new foes and to find out who they really were. Their journey of discovery was amazing to watch unfold.

Spoiler Alert - If you have not read this book - do not read any further

As Mr. Blackwell indicated, when he killed off one of the main characters (not going to mention names because I know some of you who have not yet read the book are still reading this review); it was very sad and depressing as it had such an incredible impact on the survivor. However, when I read the acknowledgements at the end; I agreed that this was a necessary step in order to further the story. I also figured out CK early on and was pleased that I was right for a change.

Overall, this is a must-read for fans of his first book, A Soul to Steal, and it makes me want to read the third book even more. If only I could convince my bookclub group to read this book, but alas they prefer their comfort zone of current fiction and historical fiction. I like to push the envelope but I know I can only push so much.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Band of Demons.

October 14, 2012 – Shelved