Nic's Reviews > Seth and David

Seth and David by L.B. Gregg

bookshelves: mm, series, own-audio-book, zz-amazon-yes

I enjoyed this second book in the Men of Smithfield series. I enjoyed the style and the wonderful humour throughout the book. The characters were great including the children.

David was a wonderful contrast to Seth and they complimented each other very well. The pace was fast and the plot had some mystery/intrigue.

I actually listened to this story via the Audible version. While I loved the narrator and the voice he provided for each character, I still prefer to actually read a book rather than listen. I set the narration speed at 1.5 as the default speed was too slow for my liking. As it is, audio books take a lot longer to get through as my own reading speed is faster.

Reading would be my first choice, and I think I will only revert to audio books if there is a particular situation that prevents me from reading. In this case, I listened while driving and ironing!

I have now listened to the first two books in the series via Audible so will read the next book which should make an interesting comparison and give a different perspective on the series as I think listening rather than reading does change the opinion of the story - you are influenced by the narrators accents and inflections.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Seth and David.

October 14, 2012 – Shelved
October 14, 2012 – Shelved as: mm
October 29, 2012 – Shelved as: series
March 25, 2013 – Shelved as: own-audio-book
May 12, 2013 – Started Reading
May 12, 2013 –
0.0% "Off to the dentist for a 1.5 hour procedure. Not 100% sure of the etiquette but going to listen to this while I am in the chair to take my mind off my mouth!"
May 13, 2013 –
45.0% "Listening to the audio book at the dentist wasn't as easy as I thought! But loving the book. Good story, love the writing style and the narrator is fabulous!"
May 23, 2013 – Shelved as: zz-amazon-yes