Amy's Reviews > Carolina Isle

Carolina Isle by Jude Deveraux

Jan 17, 2009

did not like it
bookshelves: bookcrossing, couldn-t-even-finish, give-me-my-time-back, set-in-the-south

Really dreadful. I was in a bind- car went on the blink and I had to pick up a book to read while waiting, but twiddling my thumbs would have been better than this. I've actually read one or two by this author that were rather good, so I thought there might be a possibility. But no-- not only were the characters shallow and trite, but she hasn't a clue about what a Carolina sea island is like. Volcanoes? (even extinct ones) Rocks? Sorry babe- you blew it in my mind. Bleah.

1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Carolina Isle.

Finished Reading
January 17, 2009 – Shelved
January 17, 2009 – Shelved as: bookcrossing
January 17, 2009 – Shelved as: couldn-t-even-finish
January 17, 2009 – Shelved as: give-me-my-time-back
January 17, 2009 – Shelved as: set-in-the-south

Ginny I agree definitely not her best work, maybe she should have passed this one off with a new pen name so as not to damage this one.

message 2: by Amy (new) - rated it 1 star

Amy My guilty secrets are that I like Jude Deveraux and Diana Gabaldon. But this book was just awful. Good idea about a new pen name. But I probably still would have picked it up, because there were no other books I hadn't read at the drug store near where my car died. Then I would have felt bad bashing an unknown.