Ana's Reviews > One Hot Mama: The Guide to Getting Your Mind and Body Back After Baby

One Hot Mama by Erin Cox

it was ok
bookshelves: self-help, netgalley, read-in-2014

*Copy provided by publisher vie NetGalley in exchange for an honest review*

This is not something I'd usually read. However, I downloaded it from NetGalley a bit more than a year ago after just having a baby. I actually thought I could use some of the advices here to help me get on track with both my weight and mind (as the title of the books suggests too).

It took me quite a while to start reading it though, at first when the baby was just few months old I really didn't have much time to read. And even when I had few minutes, I'd decide last minute I want to read something else.

But I finally read it and must say I found it just ok. I don't think this book actually contains something new (besides what we know already, read in papers, heard our parents/friends talk). I did like the author's approach, it felt personal and warm, yet it didn't seem like the author is telling me something new or original.

You see, most of the advices this book contains would be great to implement in your life even if you're not a mother or just had a baby. She talks about eating habits, sleeping regimes, workout schedules, but it was somehow very generalized.

The addition of positive thinking and affirmations was a nice touch, yet I couldn't help but feel like I'm reading The Secret by Rhonda Byrne. I've read way too many books like that one, and when I saw the same things repeating in this book too, I really got annoyed.

Overall, it's a quick read but not a life-altering one.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read One Hot Mama.

October 13, 2012 – Shelved
October 13, 2012 – Shelved as: self-help
October 16, 2012 – Shelved as: netgalley
January 16, 2014 – Started Reading
January 16, 2014 –
January 16, 2014 – Shelved as: read-in-2014
January 16, 2014 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

message 1: by Marie80 (new)

Marie80 Види, види па ти млада мамо кон што целиш ахахаха!Само напред ама мислам дека и вака и онака ти си веќе една sexy hot mama :))!Поздрав

message 2: by Ana (new) - rated it 2 stars

Ana E vala Mare, greshka si druze:) Poprilichno se trkalam, ali neka mi e mene ziv i zdrav junakot. Nego knigava ja najdov, mi se vide interesna i si vikam aj, moze i nekoja korist da izvlecham od nea:) Pozdrav i do tebe drugar xx