Melanie's Reviews > Embrace

Embrace by Jessica Shirvington

it was ok
bookshelves: fantasy, kick-ass-character, love-triangle, me-likes-you, paranormal, romance, young-adult

EDIT: Can people just ignore this review. THIS IS ALLLLL EMPTY SPACE. Man, I was such a terrible reviewer back then. I have definitely seen my improvement.

WARNING: Spoilers

Look I had great expectations when I stared to read this book. And with about 75 pages left in the book, I was extremely willing to give this 2 stars. The characters were great, well described and definable, the plot was interesting, loved its complexity and twists. However here was a list of things that I totally detested with just 75 pages left:
1) Violet only just met Phoenix for like at most one month and yet she still does "IT" with him!!! Like WTF!?!?!?!? Not a single girl in their right mind would do such a ridiculous thing. But hey, when I continued to read I found out it was just Phoenix's emotion control things THAT I TOTALLY DETEST AND IS MAINLY WHY I HATE HIM.
2) Lincoln is a darling, why would Vi get possibly mad at him?! He didn't a single thing wrong and Vi just bloody hates him for no reason and still sometimes fancies to KISS him!!!!?!? And why, a few pages later I find out it was Phoenix's annoying ability AGAIN?!
Look I could list a whole lot more but I cannot get bothered because each time, when I finish reading the last 75 pages, all my dislikes of this book goes away because I find out it was ALL PHOENIX'S FREAKIN' FAULT! He betrayed Vi, let Lincoln die if he could.... HE DID EVERYTHING THAT MADE ME THINK THIS BOOK MADE NO BLOODY SENSE UNTIL THE LAST FEW PAGES! I'm not really sure how many stars this is worth, but I'm so freaking glad that Vi ditched that stupid..... Uuhhhhgggg I can't even find the appropriate word but yeah, I hate Phoenix's guts. Oh, see that? It's a FULL STOP!

With that ranting of me, I'm still proud to say that this book is amazing and should not just be passed as another book on angels like....*cough* Fallen *cough* Hush Hush*cough*

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Embrace.

October 11, 2012 – Shelved
December 15, 2012 – Started Reading
December 15, 2012 –
page 135
35.34% "I had high expectations for this book, still not really sure if this book meets the standards"
December 16, 2012 –
page 278
December 16, 2012 –
page 312
81.68% "F*** NO U DO NOT DO THIS TO PEOPLE!!!! WHAT ABOUT LINCOLN!!?!!!!!"
December 16, 2012 – Finished Reading