Maribel Tostado's Reviews > Trust

Trust by David Moody

I am going to be honest when I first started reading the book I really had a hard time getting into it. It was a little slow written for me. Usually with Moody's work it is fast paced and has to do with some sort of zombie catastrophe. But this is not the reason why I at first didn't like it. When I say i didn't like it was not because it didn't have to do with zombies this is more like a sci fi existentalism piece of work and yes It does deal with aliens and in some way the meaning of life. When I started reading this book a couple of weeks I really disliked the character Tom Winter he sort of reminded of "Donna" from the Hater series. Always unhappy and always complaining. The book moved a little slow but then last night I had reached the point were the book really takes off and I mean really takes off. At least for me anyway. I couldn't I mean to say I COULD NOT put the book down and read about I don't know maybe 130 pages last night to finish. That is why I really enjoy Moody's work because his books become a full on literary assault and well I just have to keep reading. The only other book that I can remember that has done to me is The Road by McCarthy. I honestly recommend this book to anyway. It turns out this is something he wrote earlier in 2005 and has been republished. Trust is a perfect example of an author with talent and then of course in later works having greatly improved on his writing by capitalizing on talent.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Trust.

October 11, 2012 – Started Reading
October 11, 2012 – Shelved
October 11, 2012 –
0.0% "Paranoia is starting to kick in!"
October 12, 2012 – Finished Reading