Tracy's Reviews > Enemy Red

Enemy Red by Marie Harte

I love a good shifter story and while I enjoyed Enemy Red, I did wish it was a bit longer.

Fenris was determined that neither him nor his twin brother were going to be mated as his uncle had decreed so he decided they should leave their pack - except his brother seemed to have other ideas as did fate!!

Fenris loses track of time and eventually ends up being caught by Rudra, the Alpha of the Red Clan - a mixed shifter pack who live a distance away from the Silver Pack he belongs to and too near the humans for comfort. Our lead male has an instant attraction to the Alpha female and things trot along at a pace from there.

It was a quick, fun read that I got through in an afternoon. The addition of some history/background on both the main characters and the events that lead to the clans, except from the Silver Clan, being banished from the Great Forest would have added to the book and given it more depth, but overall I still liked their story!

I'm hoping that Marie will give us more in this series.
I rate Enemy Red 3.75*

I received an ARC from Barclay Publicity in exchange for an honest review (though I did buy and read ER the first time it was published!)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Enemy Red.

October 11, 2012 – Shelved