Miki's Reviews > Dark Storm

Oct 11, 2012

did not like it
bookshelves: never-read-again
Read in October, 2012

These books are an insult to the countless trees that have given their lives for them. This one is no better than the rest in this series, in fact, it's among the worst. Bad writing, stupid people, totally unbelievable situations, even for fantasy.

I need help to stop reading them. They are so awful I've run out of ways to describe them, and yet, when the library posts a new one, I have been one of the first to reserve it. I think I'll start a support group. I can picture it now..."Hi, my name is Miki, and I read really bad books."

This is my pledge to no longer waste precious time reading these impossibly horrible books.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dark Storm.

Melissa there are so many books out there, I don't understand why you check out books you know you don't like.

message 2: by Miki (last edited Feb 27, 2013 12:27PM) (new) - rated it 1 star

Miki Melissa wrote: "there are so many books out there, I don't understand why you check out books you know you don't like."

There was some strange fascination about them...I can't understand it. But no more - I'm taking the pledge.

Melissa I can understand that! I've been sucked into so many series that I really don't like for reasons I cannot fatham that I think I will take a pledge with you.

I like this series, my pledge will just be for a different series.

message 4: by Lucretia (new) - added it

Lucretia scott I can understand the obbsession. I just read hoping that she will suprise me. When I first started reading her Dark series I was finishing them so fast now I just skip through a lot of the writing. This one wasn't as terrible as the last one which was plain abusive to his lifemate.

Klint I can't agree with you more.
This series was one of my favourites, but the latest books are horrible.

Melissa I actually liked this one better than the last two. I liked that there was a bit more action and less just them thinking thoughts back and forth about how pathetic they are and how they are doomed without each other. Seems her last few books have been more mental and this one finally got a bit more physical with them actually doing something for a change. And the heroine didn't turn into a pansy the minute her big strong man showed up (ie Solonge).

Klint You have the reason, I was very disappointed with Solange.With Dimitri too.
I liked better Zacarias book, though. Even if it was too short.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

I must say, i got this book from my library to read first whether it is worth buying it....CF's Carpethian series have been a real lottery for me...well mostly because of her whiney females that i have BIGGGGggggg issues

♑Namita♑ I want to read about Dimitri and Skylar....there are some characters that I didn't feel like reading about but these two I surely want to but if she actually writes it is another story.

Khadija Am I the only one who thinks that the sex scenes suck? I grow bored reading them and just skip them.

message 11: by Miki (new) - rated it 1 star

Miki Khadija wrote: "Am I the only one who thinks that the sex scenes suck? I grow bored reading them and just skip them."
Nope - You are Not Alone.

message 12: by Quinn (new)

Quinn Reading the 1 and 2 star reviews afterwards is the best part. :)