Alyssa's Reviews > I've Got Your Number

I've Got Your Number by Sophie Kinsella

Oct 11, 2012

bookshelves: chick-lit, contemporary, romance
Read on October 10, 2012

Ack! That was such a cute story!

Poppy is engaged to Magnus, who comes from a family of intellectuals. Both his parents are professors, and the whole family is active in academia. For Poppy, this is terrifying. Her in-laws to-be seem to hate her, or at least find her ill-suited for their son.

On top of the pressure of marrying into such an intimidating family, Poppy is furthered distressed when she loses her engagement ring -- a family heirloom. When her cell is stolen, Poppy miraculously comes across a cellphone in a trashbin. Believing in the term "finder's keepers", she takes the phone and uses it as a contact number for the hotel at which she lost her ring.

By picking up the phone, she gets entangled into the affairs of Sam, a pretty high up employee of White Globe Consulting Group. Afterall, the phone belonged to his flakey personal assistant, Violet, who took off after receiving word of a modelling offer.

I really enjoyed this book -- much more than I would have expected. This book is a clean romance. The characters are all cleverly written, the story is fast-paced and fun, and I just loved reading about the interactions between Poppy and Sam. The ending was really sweet! Anyone looking for a good chick-lit book will love I've Got Your Number.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read I've Got Your Number.