C.C. Williams's Reviews > Bounty of Love

Bounty of Love by Scotty Cade

Oct 10, 2012

it was ok

Based upon reviews of this and other titles in the series, I was expecting more. However, one can hardly hold the reviews against the author.

Unfortunately, story-wise, I found it thin and disappointing.

The mystery element was predictable--at least for me--and that detracted since it occupied such a large portion of the story. I felt that the plot actually began in the wrong spot and would have been stronger had the opening chapter been Zander waking in the hospital.

As for the romance, I found certain elements to be almost jarring. After the build up of Zander's familial/pre-marital bliss (which would have been better IMHO in flashback), his lack of grief was very odd. Although he did spend a great deal of time wondering if it was too soon to be with Jake, it didn't seem to hold him back.

The progression of the relationship was also strange: after one meeting, they're soon friends, then things go quickly to "I love you" from there.

And don't even get me going on the ghost/wedding ring bit...

Although, I cannot strongly recommend this title, I am certainly willing to give Scotty Cade another try in the future.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bounty of Love.

October 10, 2012 – Shelved