Pili's Reviews > Gold

Gold by Talia Vance

I was lucky enough to get an ARC from NetGalley of this book for an honest review, and I was very excited to get it. I give it 4 stars, but if I could, I'd give it 4 and a half!

Gold picks up a little after Silver ended, with Brianna going to Ireland for her own safety and trying to figure out herself.

This book has proven to be more deep and more engaging that Silver was, and even though I liked Silver, I've loved Gold much more.

Everything is more in depth here, the look at the characters, the complicated and changing relationships between the characters, the play on Irish myth and lore, and the plot that keeps unravelling and surprising you with every turn of the page.

Brianna grows as a character and because of that and how she handles all her emotional challenges and her moral choices, I kept on rooting from her through every page.

There's what might be considered a love triangle, and it is not exactly what you'd expect after Silver, but the hint itself is in the book titles, but it's done in a way that it never buggered me at all, and I really am not a fan of love triangles.

The ending is really heartwrenching, but also with a hint of hope, and I really can't wait to read what Talia Vance has in storage for us in the next book!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Gold.

October 10, 2012 – Shelved