Megan's Reviews > The Last Straw

The Last Straw by Jeff Kinney

I never tire of this series. I just think the humor is so right on! I read often that the book appeals to reluctant readers and I would seriously challenge that. It appeals to ALL readers in fifth grade. Let's face it, we were all a "Greg Heffley" in fifth grade. Unless of course you were a "Rowley" in which case, I am very sorry.
There was a part that had me seriously laughing so hard. (I am not giving anything away here, it will just be much funnier when you read it yourself) Greg had gone to a sleep-over with Rowley. The sleep-over was at a friend of Rowley's house. If you know Rowley, you will know he has many "friends" who are not his age equivalent, but his mental equivalent. Greg said at one point the kids at the party suggested playing a game called "Who Licked Me?" I mean come on... that is funny. -- Okay, maybe in a slightly less mature world.
I suspect my students will soon be calling each other "Ploopy" just as they were all giving the "Cheese Touch." One of my favorite story lines in the book was about Manny's "Tingy." Can't decide if "Ploopy" is a compliment or not? Don't know what a "Tingy" is? Well, I guess you'll have to pick up the book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Last Straw.

January 14, 2009 – Shelved
Started Reading
January 15, 2009 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)

message 1: by Maria (new)

Maria Just picked up the very last copy at Target tonight for my third graders!

message 2: by Laura (new)

Laura Hey Megan! Congratulations! You won a book: Mike Lupica's Comeback kids: Long Shot.
Just for linking to our Round Up page at Bookclub4boys.com.

Thank you for your contribution to our Round Up and helping it build!

Be sure to email me your address so I can mail this hard copy to you!
Sincerely,

Varshaa these are cool

message 4: by Maia (new) - added it

Maia Tingy was gross

Daryl (or Weasel) whats your name?

Daryl (or Weasel) coooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool!

message 7: by Zoe (new) - added it

Zoe Can't read any book I don't know whar to do

message 8: by Zoe (new) - added it

Zoe What

Alexandra I get you. This book made me laugh my head off! It was amazing.

Audrey I totally agree! Diary of a wimpy kid is a series that never disappoints! I love Diary of a wimpy kid!! :)

message 11: by Matt (new) - rated it 5 stars