preppea's Reviews > Iced

Iced by Karen Marie Moning

Oct 08, 2012

bookshelves: fae, zz-reviewed, zz-i-love-this

Holy amazing book, Batman! AAAAH - Karen Marie Moning has done it again. There should be a hazard warning on all her Fever series books - "Caution, you won't get any work done until you've finished this book!" Before I go into specifics, a suggestion for anyone who read the Fever series awhile ago: I'd gloss over that series again before delving into Iced; if for no other reason than to get yourself back in the Fae mindset.

And now for my thoughts on Iced... First, I was concerned about this trilogy being from Dani's perspective since I wasn't a big fan of Dani's newsposts or her way of speaking in the latter Fever books. I can now say I thoroughly enjoyed Dani's perspective - almost as much as Mac's in all the prior books. Yes, she's still young and still has the mind/perspective of a teenager, but I thought it came off authentic and relatable.

I was devastated to realize that Iced picks up exactly where we left off in the Fever series, meaning Dani is still 14 and has not fast-forwarded into womanhood. In this way, I imagine the Dani O'Malley trilogy will follow the Fever format - we meet all the possible males Dani could fall for - but the reader has to wait awhile until we get to really find out who she'll fall for. At least I can say Moning made up for the lack of physical/sexual angst with a lot of great action, plot, and character development. But I really hope Dani's hooking up by book 2!!!!! Another positive, Dani still described looks or things that guys said, even when she didn't know what it meant. She also started to show some jealousy around one male in particular; though she didn't seem to realize that's what it was. I loved it- loved getting the hints that she'd end up with who I wanted but without losing her youthful, innocent perspective.

As always Moning gives a lot of hints but leaves even more to be discovered. I've added more questions to my laundry list of things I hope we learn about 'the eight' by the end of this new trilogy!!!! Now I'm counting down the days until Burned is released!

**Reviewed by Michelle on I ♥ Bookie Nookie Reviews
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Iced.