Gail Gentry's Reviews > Betrayal

Betrayal by Russell Blake

This is my second time stepping into the world of Russell Blake's JET. How can you not love this woman. **Spoiler Alert: "he reached into his jacket for a cell phone and tossed it to her. Her eyes remained fixed on him as she snatched it out of the air."** Now, I ask you...how COOL is that?! Men want her, women want to be like her.

I read Jet, the first in the series, and became enthralled with the characters, the plot, and the different cities and countries the story took me to. Russell Blake is descriptive in such a way you have a virtual 360 degree view of your surroundings, with all your senses activated: sight, sound, touch, smell and even taste. He has created such a balance between action, dialogue, and depth of characters. In Jet II - The Betrayal, we already know Jet's background but Russell Blake takes us deeper in to show us her strength of character. She kills not for pleasure, but for justice and for revenge.

Usually an author will let you see and get a feel for what drives the lead character(s). Russell Blake, though, does that with each secondary character as well. You know what each player brings to the table and why. Quite a feat to accomplish without absolutely boring you to death. But, boring is not in this writer's vocabulary. From the first page, you're caught up in the story and it draws you deeper and deeper in with each turn of the page. I was quite sorry to see when the turn of the page became the last but am so excited to know another beginning will soon be on the way.

A little warning to the reader getting ready to start the book: Don't start it on a Friday - not unless you have absolutely nothing to do on the weekend. This is the second time I've started reading a Russell Blake book on a Friday. Each time I passed the Kindle, I took a(nother) break, sat down to read a chapter, then another and before I knew it Sunday was here and the only thing exhausted from working too much was my Kindle.

No matter what genre you're accustomed to, this book is for you. It crosses over and attracts everyone from mystery, thriller, romance and drama. This is one series I hope to never turn that page and see "The End".

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Betrayal.