Georgia ♥ Team Dex ♥'s Reviews > Lover at Last

Lover at Last by J.R. Ward

4+ FINALLY Stars

The story, we have all been waiting for. The book that we were raving about for a whole year and my personal initiation in the M/M genre. (details below)

Ladies and Gentlemen... (or Gentlemale if you part of the glymera)

description

Love. The difference between someone “loving” somebody versus being “in love” was a curb to the Grand Canyon. The head of a pin to the entire Midwest. An exhale to a hurricane.

Qhuinn is really the son of no one.

description

Rejected by his own family, without bloodline and relatives he is angry, frustrated and scarred. His only solace: fighting in the Brotherhood, his desire to built a family and have a child and his one and only comfort…

Blaylock son of Rocke.

description

Blay was always there for Qhuinn. Because he was in love with him. But when he broke his heart, he saw no other choice but to live his life and try a new relationship with a decent and surprisingly admirable man, Qhuinn ‘s cousin Saxton.

Blinded by pride and feelings of inadequacy, they are withering apart.

Will these two ever manage to be together? Will they pull their heads out of their asses and realise what is right in front with them? Or tradition and their own stubbornness will forever be between their happiness?

What the hell did I just read???
description

As I have mentioned with this book I AM COMING OUT OF THE CLOSET!

description

My first official M/M read, here in Goodreads!
And with Qhuay, it was a ride I’ll never forget…

description

I have never expected so much passion and emotion. I felt invested in this story and I fell in love with these two incredible men…

description

Now, aside Quay, the rest of the book was a little all over the place… It signifies a time of transition and a fundamental change in the world of the brothers but I was really kinda bored reading all about Xcor and Sola and Elan and a bunch of others.. Now, if we were also getting, an extensive look into the lives of the mated pairs, I wouldn’t complain, but alas not much of this happened.

The action aspect of the story was really good and the Brotherhood kicked some ass and closed ranks, so that part rocked!

Reading this book gave me a whole new perspective.

Weird Inner Dialogue/Random Thoughts:

⬗ At the beginning: Breathe in… out… You can do it Georgia, you have survived cliffies and Nicholas Sparks books which then turned into movies, bad reality shows and your brother’s teenage years. What is an M/M book???

description

⬗ First sex scene: WOW! That’s seriously HAWT, I was seriously missing out…

description

But wait a minute… Weren’t things supposed to be…. wetter? Is this man part different from woman’s ? Noooo can't be… Where is the lube????

⬗ Layla=Dignity:

description

⬗ Qhuinn’s virginity: Sweet. Mother. Way to goooooooooooo! Still no lube?!?!?! What is wrong with these guys? Is male vampires built differently? That can't be comfortable...

description

⬗ Wrath petting George: Gosh I’m jealous of a freaking dog!!! PET ME WRATH!!

description

⬗ Layla/Xcor: I survived an M/M book and now I gotta get through a freaking villain book?? OMG! What else will happen to me???

description

⬗ Qhuinn’s Brother: What kinda name is Luchas??

description

⬗ The incident with the hoods (not the first one, the OTHER…)

⬗ The ending

Hey don’t blame me… It was my first time!! :P

Game-changing and provoking, this the one book in the Black Dagger Brotherhood Series, you don’t wanna miss.

description

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lover at Last.

Quotes Georgia ♥ Team Dex ♥ Liked

J.R. Ward
“You've always had me ... and my heart. My soul. Everything. I wish it hadn't taken this long for me to man up.”

J.R. Ward
“I am very comfortable with conflict, be it of the legal or mortal kind. My father was a mediator, a bridge maker. I am a grave maker.”

J.R. Ward
“Shit. With Qhuinn looking at him like that, he couldn’t remember his own name. Blaysox? Blacklock? Blabberfox? Who the fuck knew…”
J R Ward, Lover at Last

J.R. Ward
“And as he held his first true lover against him, feeling that familiar difference in their heights and smelling that wonderful cologne, part of him wanted to debate this break up until they both gave in and kept trying.
But that wasn’t fair.”

J.R. Ward
“Because I was, and I remain, utterly and completely and totally…in love with you.”
tags: blay

J.R. Ward
“Love, after all, was universal. Qhuinn closed his fist up tight, and knew he would never, ever take that ring off. “Always,” Blay murmured. “Because family is an always kind of thing.”
J R Ward, Lover at Last

J.R. Ward
“In the Old Language, she hissed, “If any harm shall befall him, I will come after you, and find you where you sleep. I do not care where you lay your head or who with, my vengeance shall rain upon you until you drown.”
That last word was drawn out, until its syllable was lost in more growling.
Dead silence.
Until Doc Jane said dryly, “Annnnd this is why they say the female of the species is more dangerous than the male.”

October 8, 2012 – Shelved
March 28, 2013 – Started Reading
March 28, 2013 –
0.0% "OK, I'm officially declaring my initiation in the M/M genre... Let the games begin!!!\n description"
March 29, 2013 –
15.0% "Quay, beloved ones... description \n You got the wrong ones, in there, anyway.... SHIIIIT, I can't believe I just thought, that!!!!"
March 29, 2013 –
100.0% "I've been kinda MIA all day because I couldn't put it down.... OMG!! *writing review*"
March 29, 2013 – Shelved as: guilty-pleasures
March 29, 2013 – Shelved as: sobbing-mess
March 29, 2013 – Shelved as: tattoos-and-piercing
March 29, 2013 – Shelved as: vampires-blood-drinking-bunch
March 29, 2013 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-50 of 148 (148 new)

message 1: by Lucinda - I JUST LOVE TO READ (last edited Mar 20, 2013 03:38AM) (new)

Lucinda - I JUST LOVE TO READ Good luck with your first M/M read.... I haven't "tried" it yet haha! Maybe one day LOL!

Georgia ♥ Team Dex ♥ I was reluctant too, but I blame J R Ward!! I fell hard for these two.. LOL!

message 3: by Lucia (new)

Lucia I haven't tried it yet either. I am curious about your thoughts. Btw, do I need to read previous books in series before reading this one?

Georgia ♥ Team Dex ♥ Yes Lucia, definitely!!! The series have progressed a lot and this relationship took 2 books to get here, so yeap, you have to read them from scratch.

But it is totally worth it! Amazing books!

message 5: by Mo (new) - added it

Mo Girls, a great one start with M/M is Faith and Fidelity... just finished the whole series. Not very graphic - I thought it was a great love story.

Georgia ♥ Team Dex ♥ I heard a lot of good things, Mo! I might try them out. Thank you! :D

Georgia ♥ Team Dex ♥ deirdre wrote: "Omg! First m/m!! Gosh, what a pair to start with!!"

I know!!!! *fangirl screaming*

LOL!

message 8: by Lucia (new)

Lucia Georgia wrote: "Yes Lucia, definitely!!! The series have progressed a lot and this relationship took 2 books to get here, so yeap, you have to read them from scratch.

But it is totally worth it! Amazing books!"

Thanks for info Georgia, I will try read this series, but my TBR list is overwhelming LOL

message 9: by Airah ♔ (new)

Airah ♔ Nice. :)) The first M/M read I have was my recently finished book Hot Ticket. Actually, it's more of a ménage right? So I don't think that counts as my official first.

Georgia ♥ Team Dex ♥ It was your official kinky read!! :P

message 11: by Jo (new) - added it

Jo ★The Book Sloth★ Huh...I'm still thinking really hard whether to read this one or not! I've come to reallyyy dislike Qhuinn (like kill-him-while-sleeping dislike)!:Pp

Georgia ♥ Team Dex ♥ hahahahahahahahahah! My love of them tumbles all!!!!!!! :D

Branwen *of House Targaryen* OMG, this is going to be such an amazing book! CAN'T WAIT FOR IT TO BE RELEASED!!!!!! *squeals and runs around in circles*

Georgia ♥ Team Dex ♥ My feelings exactly, Branwen!!!! :D

Marina Your first M/M read????????

Oh my God Georgia, come forth to the dark side, we have cookies HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I'm stealing yours and Soraya's lines:D

Georgia ♥ Team Dex ♥ hahahahahhaahah.... you sneaky.... :P

LOL! Yeah, it's nice and dark here! LOL!

message 17: by Shelley (new)

Shelley Hopefully the first of many Georgia. I adore this genre :)

Georgia ♥ Team Dex ♥ I foresee a lot of future for me here Shelley! :D

message 19: by Shelley (new)

Shelley Georgia wrote: "I foresee a lot of future for me here Shelley! :D"

The very best books I have read are m/m with the most incredibly talented authors. My top two series ever read are m/m too. There is just something really special about them. I think you will embrace this with gusto hun, and love every minute of it.

Georgia ♥ Team Dex ♥ Hope so, Shelley! <3

Aimie I love this Genre, I only started reading M/M a couple of months ago but the love is always epic!
I've been dying to read Qhuay's story since we first read about the attraction books ago! It's been a long time coming.

Georgia ♥ Team Dex ♥ YAY, Aimie!!! :D

Kimberly Have read several M/M books and I think they are better at the love story than most books but OMG Tuesday can not get her fast enough I have loved Qhuay since the begining with all the sexual tension from the previous books I hope the sex is HOTT!!! :0)

message 24: by Dd (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dd I love m/m and can not wait to read this.In fact it's killing me!!:D

Kristalia Hahahaha, it's killing me too T___T
i wanna read it sooooooo muuuuuuuuch <3
Hehehe, my goddess, hope you will love the experience <3

Georgia ♥ Team Dex ♥ Kimberly wrote: "Have read several M/M books and I think they are better at the love story than most books but OMG Tuesday can not get her fast enough I have loved Qhuay since the begining with all the sexual tensi..."

I'm counting on some good sex scenes, too Kimberly! ;)

Georgia ♥ Team Dex ♥ Dd wrote: "I love m/m and can not wait to read this.In fact it's killing me!!:D"

Any day now D!!! *happy dancing*

Georgia ♥ Team Dex ♥ Kristalia wrote: "Hahahaha, it's killing me too T___T
i wanna read it sooooooo muuuuuuuuch <3
Hehehe, my goddess, hope you will love the experience <3"

Thank you, you delicious crystal!!! ❤
I hope we will be blown away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kristalia Georgia wrote: "Thank you, you delicious crystal!!! ❤
I hope we will be blown away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! "

Ahahaha, hope so too <3

Christina LoL this "review" made me giggle. I feel exactly like all those gifs hahaha

Georgia ♥ Team Dex ♥ Vika wrote: "OMG IT'S MM?????"

YEAP!!!!!!! *huge grin* I can't believe it...

Georgia ♥ Team Dex ♥ Christina wrote: "LoL this "review" made me giggle. I feel exactly like all those gifs hahaha"

hahahaha! Thank you Christina!

message 34: by Jen (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jen LMAO!!

message 36: by Nina (new) - rated it 4 stars

Nina I haven't read a single book of this series. But I want this one ;)

Georgia ♥ Team Dex ♥ LOL!! I can understand the appeal, Nina... but really you need the whole "Brotherhood" experience! ;)

message 38: by Roni (new) - added it

Roni Guzman OMG!!! Too funny!!! I actually just bought my first one too. Texas Rough...kind of nervous so we will see

Georgia ♥ Team Dex ♥ Fingers crossed Roni! :D

Marina Oh girl you started it??YAYYYYYYY!!
I hope you love it!:D

Georgia ♥ Team Dex ♥ Thanks, girl! I'll keep all of you posted... :D

Yodamom Omg I am a M/M virgin reader too ! The brothers are going to break me in with this one.

message 43: by Vika aka ♔ of GIF & Grumpy Smut-ateer *P/T Freebie Fairy (last edited Mar 28, 2013 02:21PM) (new) - added it

Vika aka ♔ of GIF & Grumpy Smut-ateer *P/T Freebie Fairy My MM cherry is going to be popped by Cut & Run (Cut & Run #1) by Abigail Roux series... soon

Yodamom Oh, that one is on my list too. M/M again ? Huh, I didn't know.

Georgia ♥ Team Dex ♥ Vika S - ♔ of GIF according to Sharon wrote: "My MM cherry is going to be popped by Cut & Run (Cut & Run #1) by Abigail Roux series... soon"

Yodamom wrote: "Omg I am a M/M virgin reader too ! The brothers are going to break me in with this one."

Let's hope it won't hurt much girls.... LMAO!

message 46: by Vika aka ♔ of GIF & Grumpy Smut-ateer *P/T Freebie Fairy (last edited Mar 28, 2013 02:34PM) (new) - added it

Vika aka ♔ of GIF & Grumpy Smut-ateer *P/T Freebie Fairy Georgia wrote: "Vika S - ♔ of GIF according to Sharon wrote: "My MM cherry is going to be popped by Cut & Run (Cut & Run #1) by Abigail Roux series... soon"

Yodamom wrote: "Omg I am a M/M virgin reader too ! The brothers a..."

It's ain't us who going to be getting it in the um... nevermind.

Georgia ♥ Team Dex ♥ Vika S - ♔ of GIF according to Sharon wrote: "Georgia wrote: "Vika S - ♔ of GIF according to Sharon wrote: "My MM cherry is going to be popped by Cut & Run (Cut & Run #1) by Abigail Roux series... soon"

Yodamom wrote: "Omg I am a M/M virgin reader too !..."

hahahahahahahahahahahha!
you dirtyminded... It's because we are losing our virginity.. again.. *facepalm* :P

Vika aka ♔ of GIF & Grumpy Smut-ateer *P/T Freebie Fairy Okie I'm back to myself now...

I'm dirty minded??? pffft you know like attracts like... and you love me... sooooooooooooooooo :)

Georgia ♥ Team Dex ♥ soooooooooooooo yeah my magnet!!! LOL!

Vika aka ♔ of GIF & Grumpy Smut-ateer *P/T Freebie Fairy Georgia wrote: "soooooooooooooo yeah my magnet!!! LOL!"

well at least you conceded quickly... and here I was preparing to chain you to st. andrews cross lol

« previous 1 3