Angie ~aka Reading Machine~'s Reviews > The Dark Horde

The Dark Horde by Brewin

bookshelves: first-reads-review-books

This book was so not what I was expecting at all. I mean I read the blurb for the book and thought good concept I'll read that. From reading the blurb to actually reading the book became so much more than an ordinary book at all. From the first page to the last I was hooked into this story and everything that I was made to feel. At times the book could be very in your face unpredictable, page turning because you just had to know what happens next, sometimes you were left in the dark with the horde, and other times you were left so speechless at what was being said. I liken this book to some of the great horror and thriller masters such as Stephen King and Clive Barker. From the beginning you just knew that the book was going to be dark, full of suspense, mystery, horror, and be affected psychologically. Here is just a taste of what you can expect while reading this book: Darkening room... Growing darker. Light fades... Shadows merge. Evil lurks... Creeping closer. A sudden chill...Grips my soul. Am I conscious? All is dizzy. Where is body? Mind is bending. Something's calling...Overwhelming. Falling into darkness...Never-ending.

This book was masterfully crafted. All the storylines were woven in such a way that you always wanted to root for the underdog yet wasn't always sure that they would win but most definitely knew it was possible they could lose. The characters were shown to have flaws, unpredictable, courage, rage, sometimes hope, bullied, and eager for something to happen. I certainly hope you take the adventurous task of reading this wonderful book. I look forward to the next adventure this author presents me. Enjoy!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Dark Horde.

October 7, 2012 – Shelved