Danielle's Reviews > One Person/Multiple Careers: A New Model for Work/Life Success

One Person/Multiple Careers by Marci Alboher

bookshelves: on-the-kindle

This book was great! I am at the early stages of my 'main' career and am already feeling a pull to find a way to 'slash'. This book laid it all out, with fantastic examples. I read some critiques before I started the book, which complained that it was full of examples but no real advice. I found this to be entirely untrue. Perhaps these people have trouble extrapolating? Anyway, for me this book provided important clues as to what skills, qualities and attitudes I will need to possess to be a successful 'slash'. It also confirmed what I thought about working to be invaluable in my current vocation whilst building the skills to develop a slash simultaneously. I found it motivating and informative. My only criticism is a slight lack of apparent order to the book, but despite this in the end I felt no questions went unanswered. Perhaps that is just a mirror of the slash life. To many it may not make sense, but what matters is the end product!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read One Person/Multiple Careers.

October 7, 2012 – Started Reading