Melanie's Reviews > Keeping Kellan

Keeping Kellan by Amy Aislin

F 50x66

A simply splendid romance, terrific series

Rating: 4.5 🌈

Well, really my only issue here is with the title. It should be called Keeping Brant because Kellen? He’s a done deal here. Has been for years since he realized he saw Brant as more than his BFF’s younger brother.

So the question here? That’s Brant not Kellen. So yep, a definite change up in title needed.

Otherwise, this is a splendid story that sees us catching up on the lives of the group of men from Keeping Casey. It’s been a while, they’ve graduated from Glen Hill College and moved forward with their partners and future plans.

As with Brant, those years has been ones of growth and now he sees himself ready to move forward again, this time in a familiar direction… home and new opportunities.

Aislin opens a path into Brant’s world with this story, one barely hinted at in the first novel. Now Brant’s past, present, and , his potential future is laid out in all its pain, love, familial dysfunction , and emotional distress. It also includes his boyhood crush which has never faded. And who now has returned as well. Aislin’s writes this all so superbly that you are pulled into Brant’s world and situation, feeling easily a part of it.

Yes, I googled that region even. I could go there, indeed I could.

Then there’s Kellen, the crush. Kellen, an immediately likable and connectable character, is one with a few painful layers himself. Although not as many as Brant.

The story and the men’s relationship begins immediately as they reconnect over a drive home from the airport and bond over Ollie, a “shared dog” and just great chemistry.

Through obstacles and new challenges raised by career changes, this pair grows together by using communication and love to get stronger and solidify their partnership. I just loved that.

No failure to talk things out, no childish misunderstandings. Just two adults working together towards a loving, mutually respectful relationship. Sigh. More pls.

And they treat others in the same manner. Be still my heart.

Ok, yes. I’m so happily on board here.

Even if Keeping Him series stays at two novels , which I expect it won’t become there are others unattached, this is absolutely a book and series I recommend.

Keeping Him series:
Keeping Casey #1
Keeping Kellen #2

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Keeping Kellan.

Started Reading