S.M. Stevens's Reviews > Only One Woman

Only One Woman by Jane Risdon

Read 2 times. Last read October 1, 2021 to October 16, 2021.

Every girl's dream is to date a guy in the band, and that eternal desire forms the bedrock of Only One Woman. Even though Scott is a bit of a cad, I found myself rooting for both women to find happiness, possibly with him. I felt every rejection and elation Renza and Stella did. Such is the power of teenage/young love and infatuation! The personal problems they face--Renza with a horrid Mum and Stella with her health--only made me root for them more, and made them more complex than just silly girls mooning over a boy. In fact, I really appreciated their drive and ambition and ability to take charge of their lives, especially considering the story takes place in the '60s. Scott was a bundle of contradictions (and therefore realistic!). On one hand, I wanted both women to ditch him from the second he blows off Renza on the first day of her visit to be with Stella. On the other hand, he does have redeeming qualities. I will say, there is a LOT of crying and weeping, as befits the diaries of a 16-year-old and a 20-year-old. But their heartache rings true, and will remind many readers of their own first loves and losses.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Only One Woman.

Finished Reading